Sign in to follow this  
TurboTimmy

NSU TT Dude

I am seriously considering the purchase of a Tamiya NSU TT kit. Is there anything I should know about the chassis, like any problems? Looks like a neat little car-even though it's on a fwd chassis. I am only a "car park basher", so it's not going to get anything radical......Thanks for any info.

Thanks guys. I might have another project already. I smashed up my old Hornet last night. The front bumper mount is broken off. I have ordered a new chassis-but the old one can be glued back together. I have an ESC and a spare 540.......Has anyone turned a Hornet/Grasshopper into a pavement racer?

6 minutes ago, TurboTimmy said:

Thanks guys. I might have another project already. I smashed up my old Hornet last night. The front bumper mount is broken off. I have ordered a new chassis-but the old one can be glued back together. I have an ESC and a spare 540.......Has anyone turned a Hornet/Grasshopper into a pavement racer?

I used to run my hornet with a Lexan VW Beetle body, waffle tires all around and a Kyosho 240ST, front and rear oil shocks, it was badass.

Just ordered the TT.....Look out....... My paint scheme will be different from the suggested Jagermeister livery.

Well, here it is.....She's already had one test session-and a crash. The front air dam is now damaged due to my not seeing a large pothole in the parking lot. Is there any way to repair a hole in the polycarbonate body?

100_1876.JPG

100_1882.JPG

100_1881.JPG

• Like 4

Okay-here is the latest version of my NSU TT:

#50746 Shock kit front and rear

#54193 Steering Posts

#53222 Slick tires

#51405 Wheels (with tire glue)

#53204 Foam inserts

#53597 Axle upgrade

Torque Tuned 540

Should be tested this week-weather permitting. This body has not yet been run on the car. Thanks for looking, everyone-and for all the help.

100_1912.JPG

100_1911.JPG

100_1913.JPG

• Like 4