Hi there,

New to this world. My brother in law passed away and he collected all things vintage in this hobby area. We have several body/decal kits, some of little value, but I ran across three shells I believe might be of value to some of the folks on this forum. A Nostalgic Series Porsche 906 Carrera 6, and 2 Touring Series or PureTen? body/decal sets, the BP Oil Porsche Turbo and the BMW 320i, all still in their boxes. Please forgive my ignorance in this area, but we are trying to be sure all the items in this collection go to true vintage collectors and not someone simply trying to get a deal. I had one guy offer $10 each for the shells/decals, but there is no way I am doing that. Can anyone help with true value of these shells? He had over 150 1:8, 1:10 shells by the way, so we are just getting started. He had sets upon sets of tires, wheels, engines, gears, and right down to screw sets for these cars. We are overwhelmed. Also, please forgive me if I am not doing this incorrectly, this is my first post so feel free to correct me.

20180414_082045.jpg

Put them on eBay, then you will get the right price. 

As you have already suspected, it sounds like you have a fairly valuable collection there.

EBay is definitely a good way to get some value estimates, but shifting a large amount of items can be very time-consuming and expensive. Fees are around 12% by time you figure-in PayPal, and shipping hiccups can be devastating.

Are you located in the United States or Europe? There's a decent chance you might be able to find someone "localish" that would be happy to make an offer on a large chunk (if not all) of the collection. You were correct in assuming that Tamiyaclub would have some expertise -- I bet there's a number of folks here that would be more than willing to provide some guidance B)

We are pulling the photos together along with the info off all the tags on the bags and boxes, thank you for the advice. We are in the U.S. state of Georgia. Yes for all the motorized stuff I would rather sell to a local enthusiast that can swing by and check things themselves.  I would hate to ship something to someone and it not be in working order.  We have no way of knowing how to test the engines and whatnot.  Although someone did stop by and show us how to test the engines for that little pop you all look for, so that's something.  LOL Yes, we are proceeding with caution with the offers that are coming in, when the gentleman offered $10 a body shell on these Nostalgic Series shells with decals, I immediately checked the price on those and they each go for around 80-170 just for the shells!!!!  You all are in a very expensive hobby for sure. I declined the offer and will wait for someone who really is looking for the item, can appreciate it, and makes a reasonable offer. Thanks again for the guidance.

• Like 1