Sign in to follow this  
Ronnyhotdog

What do when this happens

As you can see the instructions are showing the servo head as being dead center. The actual pic show that dead center is not possible. Is it important? It’s not the first time ive ween this but i want to minimise addjustments later on as i am doing 4WS on a G6-01 and apparent it’s hard enough to get it steering straight anyway without baked in errors.  Any advice?

6B9F9FC9-88F5-4646-8ED6-632882FE9905.jpeg

All you can really do is use trim to correct for it unless I'm missing something. I assume you'll use the same type of servo front and rear? Just make sure the servo head is offset to the same side on each servo and it should be ok.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Depending on your transmitter, I've found trim adjustment to be less than ideal unless it's minute adjustments.  Most transmitters, it just moves the "center" to one side or the other which will limit your travel in that direction.  I usually adjust the steering arms instead.  This allows me to still have equal travel from the radio for left and right.

• Thanks 1

Thanks for the replies. Seems like such a small thing now as I have just made a massive irreversible error with the steering pinion assembly(Didn’t  put the brass bushings in the steering arm holder.) oh, what I wouldn’t give to go back to the halcyon times of innocence and frivolity of 30 minutes ago. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHGG!!😩

• Sad 3

Assuming you've powered up the servo to "auto-center" it, then you installed the servo horn.  99% of the time the horn will not be exactly clocked as you would like it, you will have to adjust center with your transmitter's sub-trim and trim settings.  

• Like 2

It doesn’t matter really just alter the steering rod to suit. 

• Like 2