Jason1145

Team Associated Trophy Rat PROSC10 2WD Short Course Truck

I've had this a week now and only had a couple runs on it but I'll use this thread to keep a track on any mods done and the results of how it fairs with general usage.

It's a 2WD Short Course truck with a 2-3s lipo capable brushless system all RTR and a new designed Rat Rod Bodyshell.

Here's some photo's to kick things off and I'll update again soon (Also got a couple new shells for it, these will be painted soon)

N7YlSpn.jpg

AOvuq3s.jpg

ITh8d8e.jpg

r9CHFfM.jpg

te9LAoF.jpg

UnAHiwV.jpg

U3BSvg5.jpg

Hspb6An.jpg

To save the original shell I will prepare another of the stock shell for day to day useage, here it is trimmed ready to be painted

qlZCkGQ.jpg

And after 4 coats of white paint

64Utpam.jpg

And with decals applied

OCH4A3I.jpg

pvabWMc.jpg

i3njOLc.jpg

• Like 5

its a shame the front light buckets are lexan and part of the shell, but otherwise looks great!

will be interesting to see how they hold up

Yeah I won’t bother with LED’s in this white shell.

Good news is that parts have started to appear on EBay for it but all in the USA which means customs hits for sure, but Modelsport have bits n pieces in stock for urgent repairs albeit a lot more expensive than from abroad.

Check it out, front shocks for £7

https://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-ASSOCIATED-Shocks-Front-PROSC10-DB10-TROPHY-RAT-AX14-/132608012898

Rear shocks for £9

https://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-ASSOCIATED-Shocks-Rear-PROSC10-DB10-TROPHY-RAT-AX15-/312123914974

Front and rear A Arms for £8,

https://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-ASSOCIATED-Arms-Front-Rear-Set-PROSC10-DB10-TROPHY-RAT-AX1-/132608012827

but all the above state £9 postage each but combined postage is available.

• Like 1

That is TOO white, you need to get out in the dirt and take care of the issue! :P

• Like 1

That's pretty cool Jason, it looks like it's based on the old T4 chassis which means that there'll be plenty of hop ups available should you want to go down that route. (B4 hop ups will also fit since the T4 and B4 both use the same gearbox and steering assembly) I'd recommended trying to get your hands on a brass front bulkhead to get a bit more weight over the front end and getting the solid bellcrank assembly to get rid of the terrible servo saver associated used as standard, you'll have to get a metal servo horn to go along with it too. They'll transform the handling of the car no end. 

Yeah it’s a bit dirtier today in a dusty car park, shower time for it. 

I like the way this is set up out the box, fine for my general use but I’d imagine the fine tuners here could tweak it better still. Performance wise it’s a leap beyond any Tamiya I own and harks back to my Traxxas Slash VXL days, whether that’s good or not is a matter of opinion but this car is really really good. It leans into turns without flipping, the DVC works great, I’ve not had to even look at what sensitivity setting it’s on from the factory.

I’ll keep a lookout for those hop ups mentioned cheers.

• Like 1

And cue the first potential mistake. 

Team Associated
RC10 B4/T4 & SC10
Silver Aluminum Front Bulkhead

*NEW*

STRSTC9563

This is an ST Racing STRSTC9563S Silver Aluminum Front bulkhead for the Team Associated RC10 B4 Buggy, RC10 T4 Truck, and SC10 Short Course Truck. This helps improve the durability of your vehicle.

Just bought the above STRC alloy bulkhead listed for the SC10 thinking it’ll bolt straight onto this Rat... but the bulkheads for the SC10 and my ProSC10 have different part numbers lol... let’s see when it arrives from the USA.

SC10 front bulkhead - 9563

ProSC10 front bulkhead - 91359

Edit: Spoke to Team Associated and confirmed that no parts from the SC10 fit this Trophy 🐀... this ProSC10 is based of the SC5M car which is completely new from the SC10... lesson learnt.

Ive cancelled that bulkhead order now.

New wheels and tyres, 1/2 inch offsert widen the track from 285mm to 320mm

I bought these from Germany and they arrived in 3 days, super efficient as always.

They are 2.8'' wheels with the tyres pre glued, they are about 51mm wide and 101mm tall (stock tyres are 43mm wide and 108mm tall).

RCJKIfZ.jpg

sAuAkj5.jpg

nn8li13.jpg

vSWJwWh.jpg

4hcBAks.jpg

pQIICSD.jpg

• Like 6

So are Louise and Duratrax the same company? Those look like Duratrax Sixpacks with different graphics on them. They are good tires for offroad, a world apart from stiff stock tires. They look bada** too! 😀

12 minutes ago, Biz73 said:

So are Louise and Duratrax the same company? Those look like Duratrax Sixpacks with different graphics on them. They are good tires for offroad, a world apart from stiff stock tires. They look bada** too! 😀

Hmm might be... would explain why I can’t buy Duratrax in the UK or Europe but only from USA... maybe they are branded Louise over this side of the pond?

• Thanks 1

I think so. I looked for some Louise tires a couple years ago and couldn't find them in the US. They are great tires for loose dirt/grass, the knobby treads grip really well. I have the short course ones, and love them. I should try them on pavement now that I have a brushless system in my truck, see if I can get those front wheels off the ground🤘

• Like 1

On 5/13/2018 at 2:43 PM, Jason1145 said:

Yeah it’s a bit dirtier today in a dusty car park, shower time for it. 

I like the way this is set up out the box, fine for my general use but I’d imagine the fine tuners here could tweak it better still. Performance wise it’s a leap beyond any Tamiya I own and harks back to my Traxxas Slash VXL days, whether that’s good or not is a matter of opinion but this car is really really good. It leans into turns without flipping, the DVC works great, I’ve not had to even look at what sensitivity setting it’s on from the factory.

I’ll keep a lookout for those hop ups mentioned cheers.

I just saw one of these pop up for sale locally for half of what they are new.  Hearing that it is really good is tempting me to grab it.  Do you generally run in a car park?  Have you run it in grass yet?

22 hours ago, kwkenuf said:

I just saw one of these pop up for sale locally for half of what they are new.  Hearing that it is really good is tempting me to grab it.  Do you generally run in a car park?  Have you run it in grass yet?

Yeah I ran in grass once but either it was too long or I didn’t raise the ride height with additional pre load clips as it was slow.... I actually think it needs to be quicker on the flat stuff anyway so might try a bigger pinion soon.

Half price? Go grab it... worth that all day long.

The front of that body shell isn't helping with grass running either.

• Haha 1

Yes you’re right... would be suitable with a chevron blade on the front as a snow plough.

• Haha 1

Someone needs to make a mower attachment for the front of RC cars. Never worry about grass length again, and you can have fun when you mow the lawn! :P

• Haha 1

Test fitting the new Proline Silverado Pro Touring shell and it's mahoosive!

I had to get some bodypost mounts from the box that are meant for the Reflex bodyshell on this chassis.....

Here it sits with some different 3mm offset wheels and it is still kooky looking (the stock wheels are zero offset and sit even further inside the shell)

56ygecJ.jpg

2JdNm8r.jpg

MrQPyHQ.jpg

Wheels for the Slash/Hpi Blitz will stick out further. They were too wide for my ECX Torment, it needs the 3mm offset.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Biz73 said:

Wheels for the Slash/Hpi Blitz will stick out further. They were too wide for my ECX Torment, it needs the 3mm offset.

I’ve read about the Slash having different front to rear wheels but not sure which ones have the most offset or how much offset?

Never heard of the Blitz, reading up its by HPI.... would any Blitz wheels have more offset, front or rear?

Looks like Blitz wheels are 4.5mm offset, if so that’s still not enough for this particular shell.

Interested in the Slash wheel options though.

With Duratrax wheels, the Slash4x4/Blitz/2wdSlash rear are the same set. I don't know if the 2wd Slash front has more or less, I've never looked into it.

Yeah the Slash 2wd front wheels have about 2.5mm more offset than the rears, and the rears are the same offset as the 4wd Slash front and rear.

I’ve ordered some Slash Front wheels to see how they stack up.

As for the large Proline Silverado shell that’s now painted.... I forgot how paint hungry they are and went through a whole 150ml ( bigger than the Tamiya 100l cans) can of purple and it still hadn’t covered properly.

So being in a rush ( stolen during mydaughters nap - that’ll teach me not to rush it) I plodded on with the white backing and sure enough it’s now a purple *** pink abomination! So I then found a half used can of Tamiya Snoke and did the windows too.

I used to like doing big SCT bodies but that’s when I had more time to spend.. and my cans of paint weren’t in the sleeping babies room so I could grab more to get full coverage, that and being more impatient as I get older ;)

RfCJTJA.jpg

cH1x6rh.jpg

nAsqluk.jpg

637LaOy.jpg

• Like 1

I might have to put those big 2.8 Louise wheels and tyres on to fill out those arches, but that will require some serious arch trimming which can't be undone.... decisions decisions.