yakloyd

HELP ! screwed up my esc

unhooked esc like an idiot , and can not re- install ,  followed manual nothing , steering works but can not get it to move , says turn off ABS transmitter has no abs dial or button  did i screw something up or just missing something ... ???

what ESC is it?

what transmitter?

got a pic of how you have it connected?

I have found some ESCs wont calibrate properly if your transmitter has the ABS function enabled. 

21 hours ago, LeftyAl said:

what ESC is it?

what transmitter?

got a pic of how you have it connected?

I have found some ESCs wont calibrate properly if your transmitter has the ABS function enabled. 

its the RTR kyosho chevelle has a sync rc kr331 3 channel  esc  and synco rc kt-231p transmitter followed the manual says shut down the abs but see no ABS on transmitter ?  thanks for reply 

DSC00221.JPG

DSC00237.JPG

DSC00238.JPG

DSC00227 1.jpg

DSC00228.JPG

DSC00230.JPG

DSC00238 2.jpg

Thanks for the pics.

That looks like the ESC is a part of the motor and it is the receiver that you have taken out.

The main thing to check is that the steering servo is connected to channel 1 on the receiver and the ESC is connected to channel 2.

It looks like your transmitter is set to REV for the for Throttle Channel. Page 12 of the manual says it need to be set to NOR.

I am thinking that this ESC calibrates everytime it is started (same same as the HobbyWing 1060 ESC), and if the settings in the transmitter have been bumped it may now not calibrate.

1 minute ago, LeftyAl said:

It looks like your transmitter is set to REV for the for Throttle Channel. Page 12 of the manual says it need to be set to NOR.

I am thinking that this ESC calibrates everytime it is started (same same as the HobbyWing 1060 ESC), and if the settings in the transmitter have been bumped it may now not calibrate.

oh yea esc is in motor ... yea i was running it ,runs forward and brakes but will not back up... i like setting the controls reversed steering and throttle but can not get it to go backwards ... thanks

7 minutes ago, LeftyAl said:

oh .. what is the vcc conection ... for accessories

VCC is for accessories, lights etc. Not sure what amp it can deliver though so be careful.

The only thing I can think of is to look at the reverse dial on the transmitter (3rd down on the left side). Try setting it to both extremes of the dial and see if that helps. I suspect it may need to be set to full for reverse to work.. but am only guessing

I would set both throttle and reverse EPAs to 100% to check it is all working, then adjust as needed

Edited by LeftyAl
extra info!!!

6 minutes ago, LeftyAl said:

VCC is for accessories, lights etc. Not sure what amp it can deliver though so be careful.

The only thing I can think of is to look at the reverse dial on the transmitter (3rd down on the left side). Try setting it to both extremes of the dial and see if that helps. I suspect it may need to be set to full for reverse to work.. but am only guessing

I would set both throttle and reverse EPAs to 100% to check it is all working, then adjust as needed

thanks im puzzled too ...  the manual says turn of abs but can not find it ,there is no button or dial ??

If the esc has forward , brake and reverse, the first time you goto 'reverse ' it's actually the brakes, to get reverse you need to go back to neutral and then to reverse.

17 hours ago, Wooders28 said:

If the esc has forward , brake and reverse, the first time you goto 'reverse ' it's actually the brakes, to get reverse you need to go back to neutral and then to reverse.

thanks ... but still don't work  tried alot of ways but nothing cannot find abs shut off think thats the problem

• Like 1