Sign in to follow this  
Fabia130vRS

TAMIYA F103, upgrade on elecktrics and chassis

Greetings,

I wanted to introduce my Tamiya F103 build, the original build was the Renault Damon Hill edition. The main plan is to make a conversion to F104 with a sick brushless setup and gyro.

first setup was as I got it, really old foam tires, silver can with 3000mah nimh.

right now it is running with a LRP RUNNER 2 23T, cheap china esc, and a 5000mah LRP bat. 

All upgrades are visible on the pics, the rear motor mount is from a F103GT.

I have a brushless setup coming from hobby king and also the f104 alu dif, front end f104, low profil servo... will keep the topic updated

Interesting. If I might ask, why are you converting it to a F104?  Does your club have width restrictions? The general consensus at our club is that the wider F103 is both faster and stronger than the F104, unless of course you are talking about the F104W which has the same front end as the F103.

On 5/17/2018 at 8:31 PM, TurnipJF said:

Interesting. If I might ask, why are you converting it to a F104?  Does your club have width restrictions? The general consensus at our club is that the wider F103 is both faster and stronger than the F104, unless of course you are talking about the F104W which has the same front end as the F103.

To reply, the main thing was, our club runs a concrete track, we drive only at weekends, since over the week the local driving school (for real cars) have a polygon there.

Basically the track gets really dusty, sometimes even too dusty for our 1/5 class. So the main reason was to go for rubber tires.

Since we also dont have a local shop, our sources are hobbyking, rcmart, ebay... and I am really having trouble finding 103 rubber rims and tires.

I clearly may understand how a wider car is more stable/faster, I am sure it will take some practise to get used to the F104 width.

To continue the build, I've come a long way since last pictures.

Collecting for a brushless setup someparts...

The rear end is complete, with carbon rear shaft and and the blue f104 diff etc.. including exotec heat sink, of course no plastic all bearings.

front end completed, waiting for the last part, fluorin coated aluminium balls, and TRF blue spacers to lower the turnbuckles, since i wanted the position of the servo as it is now, so they dont hit into the upper arms.

also whats not on the pictures, but is orderd, MST 2.0 Gyro, trf blue wheel nuts, trf blue friction plate screw and body mounts in trf blue.

PICTURES

Also a new body from TRG arrived, waiting until winter to put this all together with the brushless and gyro.

To be honest, our club is more into 1/5 Petrol racing, official EFRA racing, they take place in Zagreb, on the mini motodrom Ayrton Senna. link below.

Training 

this 1/10 scale is only fun. I know this brushless setup will be a pain to drive, but its for the fun of it, as you see a lot of eye candy is on the chassis. Cheers

EDIT: another video of our EFRA track in Zagreb. (myself lives in Dubrovnik)

MINIAUTODROM AYRON SENNA