Sign in to follow this  
BBB Spread

12 mm hex front wheels For DT-03T (fit issue)

Today I converted my dt03-t to 12 mm hex front wheels via the GPM racing kit. I then mounted some 2.2 in. Duratrax Banditos. The rear wheels fit fine, but because of the design of the aqroshot there is a bit too much front axle and as a result the Duratrax Wheels don't fit. 

I know there are people out there who have 12mm hex aftermarket wheels and tires on this chassis, so I'm curious to see how this problem was solved. 

On my ECX Torment the rear wheels use a skinnier hex than the front, with a round disc that goes in front of the wheel so that you can tighten the bolt down. Without the disc, the wheel isn't wide enough to reach the threaded part of the axle. Here are the parts:

https://www.horizonhobby.com/front-rear-suspension-mount-set%3A-1-10-2wd-ruckus--torment-ecx2006

The top discs on the parts sprue on the left is what I am talking about. You can see the hex's as well, the thicker ones for the front, and skinny ones for the rear. This puts the rear wheels at the same total width as the fronts. That round disc may work for your needs.

The GPM hex adapters are designed for use with standard buggy axles, not the long truck axles used on the DT-03T. Swap them out for standard DT-03 items and all should be well.