Sign in to follow this  
whahooo

Monster Beetle - restore or buy a Rere?

Hello fellow TC Members,

i have an old rocked down Monster Beetle (a really old one with the little Spring and not the Diaphrgma in the Oilshock).

The car does not have the original Speed Controller in it, so it has a ESC.

Also the Body is rocked down. The Stickers are Bubbely, the Wipers are lost and the Driver is lost.

AND the Steering is really sloppy.

So i asked myself what to do with this Vehicle?

Should i upgrade it with new CVA Oilhocks, a new Servo, new Bearings, new Tires, new Paint and Stickers.... ?   Hm thats very expensive...    maybe i should buy a Rere?

Should i sell the old one to get a little bit of money and the Space for a new one?

I really don`t know.

I want a Monster Beetle for soft bashing and i know that i will regret to sell the old Car.....

In my opinion, you should fix up your Original.  And only occasionally drive it.

And you should get a re-re and bash the #$%@ out of it!

Terry

I did expect that Answer :D

But i do not want to run an Period perfect Car with an mechanical Speed Controller.....          AND i do not want to Spend 500 Bucks.....

But i see the Moneybills flying out of my Window when i thin what a new Monster Beetle costs with a Sportstuned Motor, Bearings, Receiver, Differentialupgrade, Paint, ect.....

But when i install a Sports Tuned Motor in the Monster Beetle, i also have to Upgrade a lot of Stuff Like Dogbones, tyres and maybe the Differential.....

For a Basher the old Body would be fine, because it is by far not a shelver. 

And than i have a similar Problem with a Blackfoot :D But that car is in a better Condition and only hat that rocked down Body.....

It's hard to tell with out physically seeing the car, but the driver and wipers come on the same tree and costs less than £9.00.

s-l1600.thumb.jpg.dfa7b4341b00d1e3b7bd6fcf238240bc.jpg

If you buy a re-re you will still need to buy bearing's as the kit only comes with plastic one, you will still need to paint it, you will still need a servo.  You will still have the majority of problems with the diff with a re-re as the old one.  Apart from the new one comes with dog bones (which many people have to change anyway as the tend to fall out)  rather than the hex, shafts. 

• Like 1

Definitely fix it up!  I took my original body and worked magic lol also I agree with previous.. get a ReRe to bash!!!

1. Got sentimental attachment? -> Do not sell. Regardless whether you restore or just keep. Or else in a few years, your tears will join river of tears that runs through the heart of Tamiyaclub, from all those who have sold their beloved "first car", expensive resto, or heirloom from their Grandpa, and now spend sleepness nights tossing and turning with regret. :wacko::blink:

2. Not much sentiment really? -> Then perhaps sell it to someone else, as they might restore it original. You can currently advertise it as "100% original + ESC".

3. If you only want "bashing" - soft, hard, or medium -> buy the reissued car.

Restoration can be quite satisfying, if your finances allow for keeping the original and buying a reissue to bash.

• Like 1