Sign in to follow this  
Saito2

TRF201 gear diff

"You just need the TA06 metal gear diff kit as far as I know. It's what was shipped with the 201XM which uses the same gearbox. I'll look into getting a slipper ASAP then. It's running 4370kV so plenty of poke."

So I read this in the "post" thread earlier. Is this true? Will the TA06 gear diff kit 54471 directly drop into my TRF201? I've been looking to swap out my ball diff for awhile.

Yes i used to have the part number but that was over 2 years ago. If im not mistaken it isnt a direct fit but easily done. Go on facebook trf page and ask. That is where ingot the info

• Like 1

The more i think about it i think you needed an on road cars gear case too

That was me and apparently I am wrong. It's the mid motor chassis that run the ta06 diff. Saw an interesting thing suggesting that you can do it by replacing the gear case with the FF03 gear case, but couldn't see if anyone had tried it. Ff03 gear cases are 't expensive though so maybe get one and see if it bolts up?

Yup, i knew it was a another gear case and i saw pictures of it done. If I remember the screws bolting to the chassis are the mod but i am not 100% positive because it was 2 years ago

• Like 1