Sign in to follow this  
Bromley

Need a Stick Tx with model memory

I am up to 4 cars now and each has it's own radio, before this gets out of hand I'd like to get kitted out with a Tx with model memory. It must be stick, tried wheelie Tx, didn't like it! Ideally something that feels nicer than the cheapo Carson units I have at the moment. I prefer quality over features. After all the Carson Tx gets the job done. It would be nice to just buy a Rx each time the fleet grows.

Recommendations please....

Thanks for all the replies chaps. I had looked at the Futaba 4GRS but to be honest it's a bit pricey and way...way to complex for my needs. I have actually bought a 2nd hand Etronix Pulse, which I'm told is the same as the Core Code Tx, just branded differently.

It come with a 3 channel Rx so I can at least get my latest build up and running, DT03 Racing Fighter.

The box says it uses FHSS, I get this is something to do with the type of transmission, but does that mean I can use any brand Rx if it's a FHSS type?

The Core/Etronix Tx appears to be discontinued, but as it's only costing me £25, I'm thinking it's a bargain even if I can't get any more Rx's.

No you can't use any brand FHSS rx with it. It would need to be an Etronix or Core rx, and then only specific models of rx.

I had the Core RC version, before they became discontinued and I moved to Futaba, it was great. If they hadn't been discontinued it would have been my first recommendation.