Sign in to follow this  
Yalson

Tokyo Marui logo decals.

Does anyone know of anyone who makes a decal sheet which features these in suitable 1/10 scale sizes? The only Marui car which came with the logo on the decal sheet was the Galaxy, but it only had one and MCI's repro sheets for the Galaxy do not have the logo on. They also have a 'Marui' sheet, but this only features a reproduction of the name in various sizes and a different typeface in a single colour, presumably taken from the version on the Samurai decal sheet. I am about to start rebuilding a Hunter and I fancied having an old-school logo on it.

TokyoMaruiLogo.jpg

if you're willing to wait a couple of weeks, I could make a set. I need to make some for my own cars anyway, so I might as well do it now. I can't print onto clear, but I can vinyl cut as well as do print and cut stickers. See some that I've made before.

https://www.tamiyaclub.com/showroom_model.asp?cid=116742&id=35302

https://www.tamiyaclub.com/showroom_model.asp?cid=109842&id=35302

I got out my original Galaxy sticker set and it doesn't appear to have the Marui logo on it either:

Marui-Galaxy-Sticker-set-1.jpg

I've only got scanned copies of the Big Bear and Hunter, but I can't see the logo on them either.

The Galaxy ones are pretty simple, so I'm going to have a go at making them. The red and white full colour ones I can vinyl cut and the rest I can print and cut.

Oh, it seems I was mistaken. I think I was getting my idea from this source, which clearly isn't a repro of an original decal sheet, but rather a compound of two or more.

I would love a sheet of Marui logos, though. Shall I message you to arrange how that can happen?

http://oneofftees.com/zencartPGFX/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=112

Loving the Renault-Martini. Didn't know Tamiya even made one of those.

ok, finally managed to make a set of stickers. These are a combination of vinyl cut and print and cut. I'll also had some application tape to the stickers so they can be transferred to the car.

These are the white stickers. The TEAM RACING, I ended up only doing in one size as I don't think my cutter will cope with the smallest size.

Marui-Galaxy-Sticker-set-2.jpg

red

Marui-Galaxy-Sticker-set-3.jpg

print and cut, but the cutting was about 0.5 mm out. Plus some of the colours a bit off. I downloaded the logos off the net, but forgot to check the colours. I might have another go on Tuesday to get the colours closer and to see if I can the cutting a bit more accurate.

Marui-Galaxy-Sticker-set-4.jpg

comparison shot

Marui-Galaxy-Sticker-set-5.jpg

On 7/3/2018 at 11:00 PM, Yalson said:

Wow. Nicely done, yogi!

cheers, I'll get organised and send them to you this week.