Sign in to follow this  
vtecboost

Building a Top Force

I would like to build a Top Force, where can, and what is the difference between the Top Force & Top Force Evo?

I've been looking at the TA02 gearboxes and they look like the gearboxes that are in the TF's, also what other Chassis share parts with the TF's?

Any help would be great!

Difference between TF and TF Evo is basicly:

-graphite chassis/shock towers vs fiberglass

-redesigned shock towers

-titanium screw set

-torque splitter

-hi cap dampers

-turnbuckles

-balldiffs with special design

TA02 gearboxes are exactly the same, yes.

ideal2k

Now you got me thinking... do all TA02 gearboxes have the mounting points for the redesigned shock towers?

What I really would like to know is what other chassis share the front and rear arms, uprights, etc etc.

quote:Originally posted by vtecboost

What I really would like to know is what other chassis share the front and rear arms, uprights, etc etc.

id="quote">id="quote">

There is a lot of crossover between the TF (don't know about the Evo) and

Manta Ray

Blazing Star

Dirt Thrasher

Terra Conqueror

AFAIK, the suspension arms etc. are much the same. The driveline components are basically TA01, as are the uprights.

HTH

David

Gentelmen

What other Tamiya car did the TF EVO dampers show up on? Or even better, are there any aluminum dampers sets or kits that Tamiya offers that would work on the TF?

you might want to have a look at the gravel hound aluminum dampers, might fit. IIRC the hi-cap shocks were included on the Egress and were hop-ups for the avante series of buggies.

Mike.

I've looked at the GH alumi dampers, and whats on the Top Forces. The GH dampers look to be too small (front).

Kindest Regards

vtecboost

quote:Originally posted by vtecboost

So is the Top Force a TA01 or a TA02???

id="quote">id="quote">

Top Force is basically a TA01, and shares parts with the Manta Ray etc. The Gravel Hound shocks won't fit; you need a set that will build to 82mm front and 92mm rear. If you can track down a set of the Hi-Cap Dampers (short) then these would be ideal, although you will pay for them! If you want ali shocks without the expense, and you're not worried about originality then buggy/truck shocks from the likes of Losi, Associated, Hot Bodies and GPM (to name a few) might do the trick as long as they are the right length.

HTH

David