Sign in to follow this  
Frog Jumper

Need a new kit???

I need a new off-road Buggy/Truck kit.  Tamiya preferred, but willing to do others.  I have no clue when it comes to current manufacturers and what they offer.  I have a top-shelf Frog, a runner Bush Devil, and ORV is all I know.

I want a 4x4 Blackfoot.  "Vintage" preferred, with lots of possible hop-ups.

I'm ready to learn another Kraft.  

What should I learn???  Right now, I'm thinking Clodbuster with its infinite possibilities...  But what do you all think???

Terry

Novafox looks pretty cool I think, light, fast, easy to build, and enough gearing options for sensible and silly motors alike.

It also takes the square type LiPos as well as the stick packs.

IMG_3341_zpsvkmwwf2v.jpg

IMG_3355_zpsh8ggsgdx.jpg

IMG_3404_zps1udl58b4.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Grotty Otty said:

Kinda going through the same thing. Want a monster truck thats a little more serious than my Lunch Box and different to my various buggies. I've been drawn to the Rock Socker.. 

https://www.modelsport.co.uk/tamiya-rock-socker-truck-cr-01/rc-car-products/385123

Lots of potential for upgrading :)

Or have a look at Fusion if you’re a subscriber (if they can get one).

The CR-01 has been around a while and from what I have read, doesn’t need much in the way of ‘essential’ upgrades to run. Third party support has, however, really fallen away and a lot of the really cool stuff is no longer available.

I don’t think a build of this standard is do-able now

I bought the FJ Cruiser on sale from Tamico and I’m really looking forward to building it one day.

Still want a Rock Socker though. @jeekelemental built a custom one that was rather cool but I can’t find the link just now.

The CR01 looks really nice!  I have one major expense coming up in my other Hobby.  After that I can start saving towards something like that.

Thanks for the advice, keep it coming!

Terry

1 hour ago, jeekelemental said:

Thanks form remember it @Badcrumble

That's the one! Thanks for posting the link. Hope that gives you an idea of what you can get up to with one of these @Frog Jumper as an alternative to the Clod.

If it’s a buggy you’re after I will put a plug in for a Wild One. It’s a straight forward build, it’s a great looker being so scale, and I think it’s a great buggy to drive as well as being durable. 

I like my buggies and of the current crop that are available think the Novafox, Boomerang (obviously) or Top Force are the way to go. All are proper buggies with decent ground clearance and good fun. If performance andhandling is important then go the Top Force but you can't beat the losoks of the other 2.