Hibernaculum

Your Man Cave

Mine is still a work in progress, but it was done enough to move on to other restoration projects in the house. Hopefully i will be able to figure out during spring / wither how i can fit everything 

IMG_20180913_233219_zpsx5mj6glt.jpg

IMG_20180913_233225_zpsrtz2dwn5.jpg

IMG_20180913_233238_zpscz8dm9s0.jpg

IMG_20180913_233105_zpsaqx1d0ka.jpg

IMG_20180913_233209_zps74ettfng.jpg

• Like 9

1 hour ago, Re-Bugged said:

Cool @bjorklo, How do you ever find time to leave the house??

Hehe, I wish it was like that.. I guess I just have spent like an hour in total, doing rc stuff since I got the room "finished" to much other things going on.. Hope that it will change soon, I got so many projects that needs to be done. 

Great subject!

I am in the process of packing up my house and moving to South Africa, where I am having a new "Mancave" built for me.

My new Man cave will be about 3.2m x 3,2m, and looking  for  some inspiration!

I will have a lot of old kitchen furniture to modify into work tops and storage space, so any suggestions/tips?

I will have about 25 cars plus at least 4 RC aircraft too...plus my Hi Fi to fit in there!

• Like 1

On 9/14/2018 at 1:18 AM, FerrisBFW said:

why do you have a meat slicer in your workshop?

I hunt a lot and home butcher so the slicers for the bacon and salamis we do at home. 😁

• Like 1

I think I have the smallest man-cave here at 3x3 meters :D It's really messy due to the limited space. It's so small that most of my kits are stored in various closets around the house. Hopefully I'll have a better one when the wife and I move to a bigger place 

IMG_2535.JPG

IMG_2521.JPG

• Like 3

Anybody here follow Blockhead Motors on Instagram? Their workshop has a sweet vintage Tamiya vibe... 

• Like 2

Feeling you @one_hit , nothing fancy for me either. But your chair looks a bit more comfy than mine! Just a bit of semi-organised chaos. Down the track a proper bench would be nice, thinking a sit down level in front of the window making use of the natural light, and a higher stand up level over lapping in the corner down the adjacent wall. Still its not size that matters its what you do with it :lol:.

As I've said before unsupervised vacuuming in this room is completely banned as to not disturb that crucial screw/pin that may have slipped off the table onto the floor.

tdBEeFf.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

This is good stuff.  I'm in the process of getting my own Fortress of Solitude in order.  Moved into the house about 2.5 years ago and just now getting to re-purpose a vacated room in the basement (daughter moved out).  I'll try to add some pics this weekend.

@Re-Bugged Is that a Kyosho Javelin on your work bench?  Also, you can learn a lot about a person by looking at the books they read :D

As far as work benches, I upgraded from a standard desk to one of these and never looked back:

image.png.f90d8e41435e8d5e14699bef5f8b8b0b.png

Picked mine up from Harbor Freight for $80.  Painted the peg board grey and added a brighter strip light.

• Like 2

Yep@Juggernut, sure is a Javelin. Really nice kit, loving the build :). It was this forums fault, I never knew about them until I saw the one given away on here when first joined. Had to get one it fills the void nicely of missing the Fighting Buggy re-release's while I was working under ground on one of Saturn's moon's. 

And those books were/are the kids books. I prefer reading TC and RC instruction manuals.:lol:

• Haha 1

I don’t have a man cave :( I’ve got a desk in my bedroom for working on my R/C stuff and the top of my wardrobe to store the majority of my cars! 

4JwbWvc.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Kevin_Mc said:

Loving the Honda Accord, have you built that up yet?

Not yet. It only arrived a couple of days ago and it’s quite far down the list at the moment. I’ve to finish my FF01 speed run build, my TA02 speed run build, my new Fast Attack Vehicle build and start getting the parts together for the FF02 I’m building out of spare parts :lol: Once that lot is sorted I’ll move onto the FF03 Accord :) 

On 9/19/2018 at 1:25 PM, DrewZ said:

Anybody here follow Blockhead Motors on Instagram? Their workshop has a sweet vintage Tamiya vibe... 

I follow them!  I really love their aesthetic, from their workshop to the cars they build. 

• Like 1

Bit of a bump, but I had just tidied up my cave of blunders. (yes this is "tidy") 

Luckily my works is okay with my corner being populated by various hobby and RC cruft, alongside my regular tools! The other shop guy is the same, just with even more finished cars and quadcopters!

sDLSW9b.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Hobgoblin said:

Bit of a bump, but I had just tidied up my cave of blunders. (yes this is "tidy") 

Luckily my works is okay with my corner being populated by various hobby and RC cruft, alongside my regular tools! The other shop guy is the same, just with even more finished cars and quadcopters!

sDLSW9b.jpg

How much of that stuff is work related? I can only see a hammer and broom. :lol:

• Haha 1

On 9/13/2018 at 4:18 PM, FerrisBFW said:

why do you have a meat slicer in your workshop?

Nothing worse than being stuck in the workshop and hungry for sliced meat...

• Haha 1

I loved this thread and thought I would compare over a year ago to today. There is an alarming trend ... 

I finally have a dedicated RC room. B)

No pics yet because I still have non RC related items in here. :lol:

• Like 1

Just finished mine....

VbOvGo1.jpg

jsJgA5g.jpg

90ezhaz.jpg

7c0W5M9.jpg

Am2YdOY.jpg

GEn0JTn.jpg

It’s only 6ft x 9ft potting she’s but a really handy space

still have to keep boxes in the garage though

5dQ2Hsa.jpg

JJ

• Like 8

JJ, tell us more about those yellow hooks/hangers you to hang the cars on the wall please.

This thread coming back up made me a bit sad! Picture of my bench at my old works which went under last month. Everything's had to be thrown away, returned  or boxed up for storage :(

Oh well, at least I have time to plan the dream setup now! Everything vital (hand tools, stuff for working on the 1:1 car, and the "valuable" Tamiya bits) is moved to the spare room. My workbench is the tumble dryer and I can do all the painting down by the bins for my flats - where there's a will there's a way :D

• Like 1