Poormansporsche

How to remove super glue from "Outside" of tyres

Got some runs of super glue on the outsides of my tyres I need to remove. I was thinking acetone nail polish remover but will it discolour / melt the tyres ? Or any other suggestions ???

cheers

PMP

Acetone on a cotton wool bud/ball will do the job just fine (albeit slowly) and won't attack the rubber. The silicone sealant trick is great if you're running silver can motors etc but when you start to put serious power down you'll find it doesn't hold up and will end up going back to superglue. The best way I've found is to fit the tyre, gently lift the bead off the rim at one point, we'll call this 12 o'clock and put a drop of superglue on the rim, then repeat the process at 6 o'clock then 3 and 9 respectively. Capillary action will take the glue around the rest of the rim. Then move onto the next tyre until you've done all four then flick them over and repeat the process on the other side of the wheel and tyre. Don't try to do both sides at one time or you'll end up stuck to the wheel and tyre (ask me how I know this one 😂😂😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Supercoolnothing said:

Acetone on a cotton wool bud/ball will do the job just fine (albeit slowly) and won't attack the rubber.

Do you think that will also work with loctite?