Muvro

Slipper clutch design for TA01-02

Yes, having no slipper clutch puts a lot of stress on the drivetrain when landing. The alloy motor mount and ball diffs set not too tight helps a lot though. For me the gear cover always gives out eventually with hot motors. 

I am exploring adapting the DB02 slipper clutch for the DF01/TA01/TA02. Does anyone know if the bevel will mesh with the DF01 bevel? 

db02.JPG.88df2e30bbfea0350698b6dc895d933c.JPGIMG_6093.thumb.jpg.16b9c39dc4e81e7a39c9ed4546156893.jpg

• Like 2

Space is tight in the TF gear box. I feel your DB02 slipper will not fit into the original gear box. But with a 3d printed box, it can be done.

Yes it will be with a new gearbox entirely. But I would like to retain as much of the original design and layout as possible and utilise tamiya parts. I am not familiar with more modern tamiya cars and was hoping people out there may know of compatible parts. Might be a long shot though.  

Are those DB02 gears the same as the hop-up gears used on the TD4? Tower Hobbies has a picture of those gears from above that would at allow a tooth count to be determined at least.

I decided to adapt a TD4 clutch for the first prototype. A new shaft design and revised gearbox will be needed.

td4.thumb.jpg.db47d4c8198a2b645314ffbd6d015af6.jpg

• Like 3

On 10/13/2023 at 10:05 AM, Concorde said:

Yes, having no slipper clutch puts a lot of stress on the drivetrain when landing. The alloy motor mount and ball diffs set not too tight helps a lot though. For me the gear cover always gives out eventually with hot motors. 

I recently experienced this… with gt tuned motor.

On 10/24/2023 at 12:36 AM, Concorde said:

I decided to adapt a TD4 clutch for the first prototype. A new shaft design and revised gearbox will be needed.

td4.thumb.jpg.db47d4c8198a2b645314ffbd6d015af6.jpg

What about having the slipper tension spring exit the gearbox on the motor side.

similarly to the design on the DB02

image.jpeg.395efa83f86a8809ac200654de3f23bd.jpeg