Sign in to follow this  
Dazmeister

Re-release frenzy Grasshopper + Lunch Box

Yes the rumours are true and they will be out in the next few months !

I have this on good authority so you heard it first here on TC, probably[8D]

Daz

quote:Originally posted by Dazmeister

Yes the rumours are true and they will be out in the next few months !

I have this on good authority so you heard it first here on TC, probably[8D]

Daz

id="quote">id="quote">

Nice!![:D] I hope it's true, now everyone who wanted a lunch box can have one.

Think the Grasshopper will still have a 380? Imagine how long that would run on some new GP3700s...

I guess this sorts out everyone supply of Scorcher Padlatracks then. Lets wait for loads of Scorcher tyres appearing on ebay before the release.

YES!!!! Finally I can get my perfect Tamiya collection of a Mint Hornet AND Lunchbox!! [:D] I'm glad I was outsniped on thos LB's now *evil laugh*

But what about The Frog?.. Come on lets get the frog and then the Brat will not be far behind with the Audi.

Daz,anytime your anywhere near Western Canada,pop in for a beer. In fact pop in for all the beer you can throw back. If you show up at my place,all the beer you can drink will be "on me". Merv

This is great news. I had nearly given up hope of a Grasshopper re-release this year. Almost bought the Hornet re-release this week but I can wait a bit longer for paddlatrack tires and a ABS bodyshell. Just hope they release it in time for summer.

That sound you are hearing is the crashing of Padlatrak tire and Lunchbox shell ePay prices!

Woot, might have to pick up a Lunchbox, since I don't have a Pumpkin/Lunchbox and they look fun - or would a Wild Willy 2 be better for some wheelie action? I do like the detail on WW2's shell.

I do like a good re-release, I do.

- HZ

WOW! I just bought a LB a short while ago, and recently picked up 2 more shells for projects. Hmmm...am I upset? Absolutely not, I will pick up another LB, maybe 2, and a grasshopper while I'm at it. Bring them on!

I've been told by a good source that a couple of "Retro" models are going to be officially annouced at the Shizuoka Hobby Show in early May.

LB is one of my favourite bodies of all time. Always had lots of ideas about what they could be used on or colour scheme etc btu never dare try as the shells are rarer than hens teeth. Looks like i might finally get the chance [:)] that is assuming Tamiya get the spares availability sorted.

Chris

Great news, but i'd like to know if the Grasshopper II will be re-released too...?

quote:Originally posted by Dazmeister

Looking forward to a tasty beer from some of you lot !

id="quote">id="quote">

I think the Mr Brent signature is worth a beer on its own [8D]

Great news, but I still wanna know when Tower is going to get in the re-release of the Hornet? It has been three months now and they still don't have it. It is looking like a East release only. Is the same going to be true for the GH/LB? Tic, tock, tic, tock.

Ok, i take one of both please! [:P]

Wonderering who spots them first at the tamiya website

or for sale in japan / hong kong :(

The competition is on!

Stefan

Well i am definitely going to get them both.. And perhaps also a few extras for spares, LOL.. I always also have loved the Dodgevan body of the LB, and the GH was the first "real" RC-car i ever tried.. My first own investment on the other hand, was a Frog.. Hope that the Tamiya-guys are also planning a re-release of that one..

We will just have to wait and see, won´t we??..

Cheers..

Michael

If someone needs a re-release Hornet, the local Hobby Town here in Duluth, GA had one in stock when I was in a couple weeks ago. You might call them or I can go see if they have it and pick it up for whoever wants it. No markup from me, natch, just pay shipping.

Ok so I was thinking. THe re-release Hornet price is about $100.00 back in the day the Grasshopper was before the hornet and was cheaper around 60-70$ will the re-release also reflect this price difference.

PS

We want The Frog