Sign in to follow this  
Dazmeister

Re-release frenzy Grasshopper + Lunch Box

i just remember something when tamiya re-releases something dont they change the look and specs of the new one over the original one so its slightly different than the original so the original still somewhat retain most of their value anyways? Like WW1 Vs WW2 number 1 still retained its value on ebay one just went for over 800 dollars as opposed to WW2 still at 150 bucks or so.

WWII was a complete redesign Hornet looks like it did from 1984 except the ESC. I would like to see them keep the 3 speed mechanical speed controller though.

Great news, I'll be able to get a Lunchbox body shell to nail to a mini chassis now without worrying about ******ing it up[:D]

Who cares about the value of the originals! :(

But that discussion have been here before [:P]

Now everybody got the change to run the classics!

Spares plenty for the oldy's to restore with a re-relaise,

and you can smash the new one up without worries that you

might damage that car you payed top euro's for.

Would be great if Mr. Tamiya would push out a new frog,

that would leave a open way to brats, blackfoots, Monster beetles and all other relatives :(

Off topic,

i wish they would relaise a new Euro-truck, the mercedes is vintage by now ,and this type of FH12 is dissepairing slowly to.

A new FH12, or even better a Daf 85 or 95 would be great!

(and resulting in a credit card meltdown :) lol )

And, a 3 axel trailer (euro) would be a good one to, or if somebody knows a nice trick to put a extra axel under the current one??

On topic.

Re relaises rules !!! <whhoooeeehoeee!!>

Stefan

quote:Originally posted by mr_pushrod

Great news, I'll be able to get a Lunchbox body shell to nail to a mini chassis now without worrying about ******ing it up[:D]

id="quote">id="quote">

This is exactly what I'm thinking! Plus obviously buying a whole kit to use as a runner and popping those wheelies!

Been dreaming about owning a Lunchbox since the day they were first released, but they were discontinued long before I had the money to spare. The Re-release Hornet was first on my list to re-live part of my youth.. the LB is definitely next!

Talking of the re-release... I'm planning on taking a gamble that it will actually arrive, and want to start collecting some hop-ups in readiness!

Does anyone know the following info off the top of their head?!

Which chrome wheels can be used?

Bearings needed for a full set?

Which CVA shocks will fit?

Much appreciated!

Tim.

Which chrome wheels can be used?

=> blackfoot type wheel connector, Wild willy II will fit

but you need adapters.

Bearings needed for a full set?

=> Buy a set for the midnight pumpkin, same chassis.

Which CVA shocks will fit?

=> ehhhmmmm....

anyone? :(

In short, its a midnight pumpkin chassis with diffrent body

posts. Don't think there is anything else diffrent.

Regards, Stefan

does anyone know wich motor the grasshopper 1 is going to get and does it have an esc?[?] I was just going to buy a hornet but this got my plans changed again[:D]

id="quote">id="quote">

That would look cool Huh!

img34_08042004054219_6.jpg

Heads up: Imagesofmotorsport

Tower must have got The Hornet in today 4/14 because they shipped my backorder today.

Tower Website still says Mid-April so we'll have to see if there are any left once the backorders are filled.

Here is the response I got from Tamiya a few days ago:

RE: TAMIYAUSA.COM - Customer Service Request

4/11/2005 12:02:12 PM Eastern Daylight Time

Dear valued Tamiya customer:

We did receive our initial shipment of the re-released Hornet back in

January. The high demand of this kit depleted our stock in a matter of days. We are expecting a new shipment of Hornets shortly. Check your local hobby store or www.towerhobbies.com in a month or so, they should be distributed by then.

Thank you,

Phil

quote:Originally posted by Shodog

id="quote">id="quote">

That would look cool Huh!

img34_08042004054219_6.jpg

id="quote">id="quote">

dude thats a awesome van you make me wanna buy the lunchbox to create the A-team van........

I am glad after some search finding out that its more then a rumour, at least GH is for sure but since there are some unannounced numbers still and Tamiya would do something great for Shuzuoka fair, I guess it will be also true.

Grasshoppers number will be 58346 and its price in Japan $65, which is $25 less then the Hornet, despite it probably having a 540 motor, which is a great bargain IMHO, as (Home shopping channel voice):

"You don't only get the SS tires and wheels for almost half the original price, no, you get also an extra car with it for free too!" LOL [8D]

Once again, thank you Tamiya, what makes me most happy of those re-releases is the image soon of shop's showcases with all those cars, like in the 80s and many kids will love them and become like us after 20 years! [8D]

Cheers

quote:Originally posted by Stefan

Off topic,

i wish they would relaise a new Euro-truck, the mercedes is vintage by now ,and this type of FH12 is dissepairing slowly to.

A new FH12, or even better a Daf 85 or 95 would be great!

(and resulting in a credit card meltdown :) lol )

And, a 3 axel trailer (euro) would be a good one to, or if somebody knows a nice trick to put a extra axel under the current one??

On topic.

Re relaises rules !!! <whhoooeeehoeee!!>

Stefan

id="quote">id="quote">

This is on the Tamiya.de site -they are at dortmund intermodellbau show at the moment -possible new release......[?]

img_01_328.jpg

I'm not sure about the Lunchbox re-release, I can see that the popularity has grown in the last couple of years and Tamiya must have seen the prices for bits on the bay.

On one hand it might bring down the price of the old ones (including spares)to a realistic level and make it cheaper for us to restore our origonals. On the other hand I feel one of the pleasures of my Lunchbox is that it reminds me of younger days!! LOL. I guess it would be the RC equivalent of that awful show on ITV at the moment where they bring back 80's pop stars to try and resurrect their careers, they should have left Tiffany, Gloria Gaynor, Limahl etc back in the 80's before their faces (and other bits) had started to drop!

Anyway on a purely technical note do you think that a re-released LB would sit on the same old chassis, suspension and wheels or would they do a WWII and only make it look like an LB? I know they have only just stopped the Pumpkin, perhaps they have a lot of parts left over. I'm not sure what current chassis could be used to take the 1/12 van body and keep the proportions/wheelbase/wheely-ability - I just hope the body set remains exactly the same as I would deffo be up for that!

Cockpit sets are also making a return. I had assumed that the Lancia with prepainted body would have black masking like other TT01 rereleases but apparently not as in this release poster

lanciaposter.jpg

I guess "Jason's Store" (Ebay - "JR-RC") is the place to be looking for the first few GH kit's available. He was selling the Hornet WAY before most other sellers even seemed to know there was a re-release....

And has kept the low price constant all the time.

I highly recommend his service, even if some other Ebay stores are trying to undercut with postage, etc.

Jason's a sure-thing.

(Now come on man,,,,hurry up with those Grasshoppers and Lunboxes...!)

Rod

I was in contact with Jason yesterday and he had no information on either the grasshopper or lunchbox re-release [:0]