Sign in to follow this  
Dazmeister

Re-release frenzy Grasshopper + Lunch Box

So guys - do we pre-order our VLB's or not then? I reckon they'll change it all, not much, but it'll be different for sure - just like WW2. Personally I don't care (as long as it still has the overall VLB look) 'cos I'll get to build my first NIB! Ha! [:D]

quote:This is on the Tamiya.de site -they are at dortmund intermodellbau show at the moment -possible new release......

id="quote">id="quote"> (new tamiya trailer)

Yep, already did a pop-up in a german site, but i am affraid that its a dickie/tamiya production. Not -real- tamiya.

But, mmmm.... nice !!! :)

Stefan

quote:Originally posted by Mervyn

I was in contact with Jason yesterday and he had no information on either the grasshopper or lunchbox re-release [:0]

id="quote">id="quote">

will know for sure at the Shizuoka Hobby show (Tamiya's biggest showcase event of the year) in 4 weeks [:)]

quote:Originally posted by Cookie

Anyway on a purely technical note do you think that a re-released LB would sit on the same old chassis, suspension and wheels or would they do a WWII and only make it look like an LB?

id="quote">id="quote">

I can't imagine Tamiya re-engineering a chassis to make an LB re-release. there really is nothing wrong with the original chassis. In the wild willy's case, the ww1 chassis is way over engineered in my opinion.

Could the lunchbox sit on the same chassis as the wild willy 2?

They are both weely machines so it could be an option fot tamiya I think[?]

quote:Originally posted by tamiya_89

Could the lunchbox sit on the same chassis as the wild willy 2?

They are both weely machines so it could be an option fot tamiya I think[?]

id="quote">id="quote">

The wild willy chassis is way shorter than the Lunch Box chassis. However check out Tamiyamc's ecelent work on this Lunchbox/ww2 combo http://www.tamiyaclub.com/showroom_model.a...d=18355&id=1152

quote:Originally posted by Mervyn

I was in contact with Jason yesterday and he had no information on either the grasshopper or lunchbox re-release [:0]

id="quote">id="quote">

Look at HLJ.COM it has the yen price and release date for

the grasshopper & TA05!

quote:Originally posted by Stefan
quote:This is on the Tamiya.de site -they are at dortmund intermodellbau show at the moment -possible new release......

id="quote">id="quote"> (new tamiya trailer)

Yep, already did a pop-up in a german site, but i am affraid that its a dickie/tamiya production. Not -real- tamiya.

But, mmmm.... nice !!! :)

Stefan

id="quote">id="quote">

Could you post a link to the site please as I would like to take a look at it please and cant find the site other than the Tamiya one

Chris

Of course,

Bit of a trick finding it, ain't the best workeble webshop

But here it goes:

http://truckmodellsport.de/shop/index.html

Then go to:

Neuheiten 2005

about half way down, or look for:

quote:Tiefladerauflieger für Tam.

Art.-Nr. 907000

id="quote">id="quote">

Click on the picture for some (minor) tech specs.

No detail photo's :)

At your service! Stefan

no problem richtea78

Ow, and if somebody spots this kit on the ebay,

do give a yell!

Twinset, if you are looking for one,

german ebay , 39 euro's :)

Stefan

In my opinion Tamiya when they re-release cars they do not make many huge changes. All I have heard about the Hornet was the ESC and the mount for the resitor. In the Wild Willys case they re-named it and did not market it as a re-release. They would not keep the same name if the chassis was different if they Did then the Monster Beatle would be called a Sand Scorcher.

Just my 2 cents

quote:Originally posted by jocktheglide

do you guys think tamiya is re-releasing this stuff because they have no more ideas for a new cool vehicle?

id="quote">id="quote">

Probably because the interest is greater in the early vehicles, and they have a ready market for them. for myself none of the newer vehicles from Tamiya hold any great interest and I relish the return to the old days [:P].

But thats just my personal preference.

Dave

The reason alot of us like the older cars is it takes us back. New R/C cars have there place but nothing can replace the feeling of seeing a Frog race at a local Track

I agree completely with sonicCJ5 and dkr1966 ! The olders cars take us back.

I'm 29 and when my parents bought my first r/c car when i was 13, a Grasshopper II, I didn't know that I was going to have so much passion for these cars now.

Thanks to Tamiya to re-release some r/c cars of 80's !(The GH2 re-release is for ... ? [:P] )

again, off topic,

we really need that truck & tank and extra nitro forum :) :) :)

Back on topic...

ehhmm, what was i going to say??? ... o no.. forgot..

Need more coffee!

Stefan

IMO The lunchbox is a simple kit to crank out due to the mp being around for so long. Looking at the rerelease pattern it looks like simliar families of cars are being re done. My question is the:

1) if the lb comes out will tamiya re-stamp the body shell. Ie lunchbook 2005 like they have on other rereleases. I think my 312 is that way.

2) Or will tamiya do the unthinkable and let a lexan LB body on the loose.

That's an interesting thought about the body being lexan, the hornet was easy for them because the body was originally lexan, but maybe to keep costs down they would use lexan for the LB and GH. Although they did use a hard body for the wild willy 2 and the king blackfoot, so i guess it wouldn't be that difficult to do again for these two. Will probably alter the decals slightly like the hornet i expect. Regardless, it will be awesome to be able to order a NIB lunchbox again, always wanted one as a kid, and now will be able to afford it.

I believe that the LB will be like the old one ABS as its more difficult for Tamiya to make new mould designs for lexan then use the original CAD/CAM files ones. Also Midnight Pumpkin is ABS and we shouldn't forget that Tamiya's biggest part is not RC but static kits and those are all hard plastic and not lexan and they release dozen of new ones every year, so its nothing for them. Also don't think that hard body is much more expensive for them to produce, even their cheap kid series for less then $10 are hard plastic. Also even brand new cheap entry buggies like the Super Fighter G have hard bodies, so why shouldn't the GH and LB re-release?

Cheers