78Triumph

My midlife crisis backyard RC playground

Love the Beetle wreck! Very "Smiggin's Folly" ;)

It also reminds me of a local MTB track I ride, called "Minivan". There is a rusted/burnt out Morris Minor minivan a hundred yards from the road in amongst the trees. I'm guessing it has been there for a few decades. The seat springs are still intact and the headlights are long gone but the wires are hanging out of the holes. Some ideas to further detail your beetle perhaps....? 

Keep it up! Loving the progress.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, rc_ox said:

Love the Beetle wreck! Very "Smiggin's Folly" ;)

It also reminds me of a local MTB track I ride, called "Minivan". There is a rusted/burnt out Morris Minor minivan a hundred yards from the road in amongst the trees. I'm guessing it has been there for a few decades. The seat springs are still intact and the headlights are long gone but the wires are hanging out of the holes. Some ideas to further detail your beetle perhaps....? 

Keep it up! Loving the progress.

Thanks!   Yeah, I was thinking of making an some old ratty seats to put inside the beetle, maybe a few other details like a dash or steering column.  So many ideas, not enough hours in the day!   Thanks again!

• Like 1

22 hours ago, 78Triumph said:

I made a small jump.

Sometimes there just isn't a big enough 'like' button.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Over the weekend I bought some bags of red stone and made a scale road that connects my driveway to the crawler course. 

48667526398_610392478f_b.jpg 48667865241_44ff62381f_b.jpg

The grass is really starting to fill in nicely too. This is a good time of year to grow grass. 

More to come...

• Like 7

14 hours ago, novicelad said:

Wow, been a while since I seen this absolutely Amazing! 

Thank you, sir!

This weekend I added another set of turns on the rally course, instead of having just a long back straightaway.  Makes it more fun I think.

48740076881_cbc933410c_b.jpgUntitled by Joe, on Flickr

48740262527_b4f26876ec_b.jpgUntitled by Joe, on Flickr

I also extended my stone "road" to wrap around further giving more options to enter the trail area.

48739751293_f13549827a_b.jpgUntitled by Joe, on Flickr

48740078031_59ace3a2a6_b.jpgUntitled by Joe, on Flickr

• Like 11

2 hours ago, Kevin_Mc said:

I love watching this evolve and improve

Thanks, I appreciate it!

If I was your neighbor, I'd probably skip work so often and go to your backyard and run my kits. 

But if I was your neighbor and I wasn't into RC, I'd still probably skip work, watch you guys run your kits and convince myself that I need to get a kit or two. :lol:

Seriously, good job!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, Nicadraus said:

If I was your neighbor, I'd probably skip work so often and go to your backyard and run my kits. 

But if I was your neighbor and I wasn't into RC, I'd still probably skip work, watch you guys run your kits and convince myself that I need to get a kit or two. :lol:

Seriously, good job!!!

Thank you sir!  I wish I had other people to run my cars and trucks with.  Right now it's just me, myself, and I.  ha!

14 hours ago, Nicadraus said:
13 hours ago, Frog Jumper said:

It needs to be bigger...  With more jumps...  :P

Terry

I'm trying to keep it more of a scale track for rally cars, but I might make a few more small jumps. 

I had some scrap round steel rod at work so I made a gate for the entrance of the rally track from my road.  I put a hollow piece of steel tubing just a bit larger inner diameter than the gates outer diameter and drove it into the ground.  The gate then just gets placed down in the tube and it can swing open.  For now a small piece scale looking chain keep sit closed. 

48790812832_fcc04507ed_b.jpgUntitled by Joe, on Flickr

48790815097_6d55d68679_b.jpgUntitled by Joe, on Flickr

48790668606_d51c6758cd_b.jpgUntitled by Joe, on Flickr

48790291668_35d4447dc0_b.jpgUntitled by Joe, on Flickr

48790828747_fa8dac8715_b.jpgUntitled by Joe, on Flickr

48790828612_1338fffed1_b.jpgUntitled by Joe, on Flickr

• Like 11

I'm not much of a videographer but I tried to video my Land Rover with one hand on my transmitter and one holding the camera. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, 78Triumph said:

Does anyone know why the youtube links display cropped like that?

yeah its been annoying me too. i'm guessing some compatibility thing for mobile devices...

btw. thanks for sharing... really is shaping up like rc heaven.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, 78Triumph said:

Does anyone know why the youtube links display cropped like that?

You must have taken the video using that angle and aspect ratio and uploaded as is in youtube. 

The YT links look fine to me but i’m using my phone while i walk the dog. 

That looks loads of fun and actually looks very secluded. Great update as always. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Nicadraus said:

You must have taken the video using that angle and aspect ratio and uploaded as is in youtube. 

The video only looks like that here though?  On youtube itself it looks normal, and I posted it on a thread on the Scale Builders Guild forums and it displays fine?  I don't know?

Thanks for all the compliments guys, I appreciate it!

That time of year where Lowes discounts their dwarf spruce trees.  Half off!

48885914296_8183c596f3_b.jpgUntitled by Joe, on Flickr

Some signs to keep folks headed in the right direction.

48900488842_0e126fe2b2_b.jpgUntitled by Joe, on Flickr

• Like 3

On 10/13/2019 at 12:26 AM, 78Triumph said:

The video only looks like that here though?  On youtube itself it looks normal, and I posted it on a thread on the Scale Builders Guild forums and it displays fine?  I don't know?

The same thing happens with me.  All videos look like they're from a cellphone (even ones I've previously seen that were normal).  I had assumed I had done something in my desktop browser and hadn't looked into fixing it.

• Like 1