78Triumph

My midlife crisis backyard RC playground

10 hours ago, Blista said:

The same thing happens with me.  All videos look like they're from a cellphone (even ones I've previously seen that were normal).  I had assumed I had done something in my desktop browser and hadn't looked into fixing it.

Its pretty strange.  I'll have to look at my browser settings as well.  What browser do you use?  I'm using Firefox.

Yeah, I'm using Firefox too.  I just did a fresh install yesterday and I haven't had the same problem anywhere else so I'm not sure what could cause it.

On 10/15/2019 at 9:12 PM, Blista said:

Yeah, I'm using Firefox too.  I just did a fresh install yesterday and I haven't had the same problem anywhere else so I'm not sure what could cause it.

It's a problem with the site. Happens on all browsers for me on my desktop, but if browsing from my phone it works fine.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, nbTMM said:

It's a problem with the site. Happens on all browsers for me on my desktop, but if browsing from my phone it works fine.

Good to know.  Thanks for the info!

Tried filming a few more laps with my camera mounted to my transmitter.  The strange cropping of the video is sort of annoying.

• Like 8

Cool 😎

When viewing the film on my phone turned sideways it fills the screen and you don’t notice the cropping. Is the filming being done with your phone upright or sideways??  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Re-Bugged said:

Cool 😎

When viewing the film on my phone turned sideways it fills the screen and you don’t notice the cropping. Is the filming being done with your phone upright or sideways??  

It's only cropped on this these forums.  Youtube, Scale Builders Guild forums I post on, they all play it normally with no cropping. 

21 hours ago, 78Triumph said:

It's only cropped on this these forums.  Youtube, Scale Builders Guild forums I post on, they all play it normally with no cropping. 

I had a lot of difficulty embedding YouTube  clips up until my daughter (17) showed me that copying & pasting the link straight into  where you type your comments instead of using the the chain link icon at the top and ‘inserting into post’ the clip embeds automatically. 
Hope that makes sense, it’s been a big day. 

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/UaHu0e3tCVk" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

37 minutes ago, Re-Bugged said:

I had a lot of difficulty embedding YouTube  clips up until my daughter (17) showed me that copying & pasting the link straight into  where you type your comments instead of using the the chain link icon at the top and ‘inserting into post’ the clip embeds automatically. 
Hope that makes sense, it’s been a big day. 

I tried that too and it still doesn't work.  I'm out of ideas.  Maybe it is Firefox?

Just now, 78Triumph said:

I tried that too and it still doesn't work.  I'm out of ideas.  Maybe it is Firefox?

Hmmm, I’m on apple so could be? I believe people on Windows have issues with editing post and the like too. 

• Like 1

Last few pics before it starts to get consistently cold.  I spent so many hours out here during the spring and summer, it's a hard adjustment to make when it gets dark out so early and the temps really drop. 

48956847978_45b56eb920_b.jpgUntitled by Joe, on Flickr

48957584187_5c66925d01_b.jpgUntitled by Joe, on Flickr

• Like 9

The season is here I guess!  Weather has been decent so I've gotten back outside!  I've got a few ideas for a couple of new features in the trail/crawler area, and for the track area I plan on adding a few small jumps, and a berm or two in certain spots.  It felt really good to be back outside again!

Just some general freshening up to start it off. 

49650292037_5eecb935a0_b.jpgUntitled by Joe, on Flickr

49649477353_c7594afd04_b.jpgUntitled by Joe, on Flickr

49649477548_4560acc8df_b.jpgUntitled by Joe, on Flickr

49650015351_8e35745c84_b.jpgUntitled by Joe, on Flickr

49649477158_566a9b1218_b.jpgUntitled by Joe, on Flickr

Please excuse my driving I had the camera mounted on my transmitter and sometimes to make sure the car was in frame I would look at the camera screen and then I would without thinking start driving by what I saw in the camera, like a FPV and that threw me off.  Ha! 

• Like 11

I think it needs to be a bit bigger. That asphalt area and the small building behind will have to go....

Great work!

• Haha 1

I think it's perfect. I often think about doing something similar in my backyard but there are a lot of other things  to do before. 

• Like 1

Wow! What a terrific playground! That looks awesome. You’ve got things covered. If I had that in my backyard I might never go to work!!!

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, RoosterRC said:

Wow! What a terrific playground! That looks awesome. You’ve got things covered. If I had that in my backyard I might never go to work!!!

Thanks!  Are you the Rooster RC from youtube as well??

No, I am not.

However, I do feel a mid-life crisis coming on. ;-) I’ll be 51 in May, so I qualify! Might have to get creative in the backyard.

10 hours ago, RoosterRC said:

No, I am not.

However, I do feel a mid-life crisis coming on. ;-) I’ll be 51 in May, so I qualify! Might have to get creative in the backyard.

Do it!  :)

Thanks guys!   I've a few new ideas for the crawler area as well as the rally area now that the weather is getting more consistently nice.  Stay tuned!

Geez oh peets...  I need to stop visiting this site.  Way to many ideas here!  I want to make a track in my backyard now.  Time to look at layouts and research types of dirt used in outdoor tracks.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Tamiya_Cars_4_Life said:

Looks awesome! How'd you acquire the Tamiya sign? Great job with all of the landscaping. I think we might start building one too! Thanks for the inspiration! 

Cheers!

Homemade Tamiya sign