Collin

replacing receiver accupack NiMh to LiPo/Fe/...

HI guys. I am planning to customize the upper deck on my RC car and therefor I need some more space. For the receiver and servos there is a tray for 4xAA standard batterypack (2rows/2high). I´d need some more space in the wide but I am not limited in the high. So I was thinking to use one of the flat modern accus. The NiMh pack are 4 eneloops with 1900Ah and 4,8V in serial. The new LiPo/Fe/.. pack should have at least the same capacity. Any suggestion?

Is there a reason why you are still running a receiver pack, and not running the receiver from a BEC via the main 7.2/7.4 Volt battery?

Seeing as you are running a receiver pack, I'm guessing that you are still running an MSC, so the other option would be to update to an ESC, as that upgrade would eliminate the need for the Receiver pack, MSC and the MSC servo in the car, and also make it a more reliable runner..

https://hobbyking.com/en_us/hobbykingtm-hku5-5v-5a-ubec.html

Fitting a esc would save some grief (unless it's an IC car! 🤔) or if you must run old elecs, I used to run with a diode soldered on the msc to drop it down to 6v, meant chasing it (at walking pace) when the voltage dropped/ went flat.

Ahhm, a Nitro model. :D But I think the solution is pretty easy. I´ll use "4 in a row" accu pack, this will give me the needed space for a bigger gastank. First I thought about something modern but 2500Ah eneloops are pretty strong and reliable.

• Haha 1

Lookin good... i need the mesure :)

Got it. 51x38x20mm