Wooders28

Modernising an Optima Mid Custom?

On 12/2/2020 at 10:40 AM, Yalson said:

I really should do it, though. It will bug me if I don't. I did start doing the SWB Mid about ten years ago and I even painted a new shell for it. Maybe I should start with the Lazer, since that is the most complete? Get that done quickly and move on to a Mid?

The guy is making a few more of the Mid layshafts, to take the RB6 slipper 

https://www.facebook.com/groups/IconicRCSales/permalink/2781685002072800/

I know it's old but I had to stick a comment on this thread. This car is just the best. Love how much fun it gives you. A balance of a nostalgia that errs on the side of what it does rather than how it looks, combined with just using it and seeing it fly in the context of today.

• Thanks 1

since this topic has been brought back, I thought I'd comment.
  First, I spied a Mad Dog in those videos, tell Stevie I said hi !
  Also.  I used to race my Custom Special indoors BITD, on polished wood, or the big games hall in EK I would run front 2 inch wheels all round.
 The balance and slide was lovely.  I think actually Kyosho Kit tires worked as good as anything !

Lastly, I did send you a PM a while ago, not sure you ever saw it
Thanks

On 12/15/2022 at 10:52 PM, BuggyDad said:

I know it's old but I had to stick a comment on this thread. This car is just the best. Love how much fun it gives you. A balance of a nostalgia that errs on the side of what it does rather than how it looks, combined with just using it and seeing it fly in the context of today.

Cheers!

Aye, it's one of my 'never selling' cars, and although it'll never stay with modern machery around the twisty stuff, it holds its own down the straights! 🙄😁

I still need to spend time setting it up, but (as in another thread), having alot of cars, means I've not had a chance to spend enough time on it. I know modern tyres would help, but um not going 2.2", no not never 😉

On 12/19/2022 at 2:17 AM, stulec52 said:

spied a Mad Dog in those videos, tell Stevie I said hi !

You did! And I'll pass on your message.

Glad you're eyesight is better than ours 🤓 🤣.

I used to race my Custom Special indoors BITD, on polished wood, or the big games hall in EK I would run front 2 inch wheels all round.
 The balance and slide was lovely.  I think actually Kyosho Kit tires worked as good as anything !

The Glasgow club is back in EK, bit now have our own venue in Calderglen Country Park!

I was running the Schumacher full spike on the polished floor, can't get the kyosho tyres these days, you can get reproduction ones, that look the part, but not sure of the grip.

I did send you a PM a while ago, not sure you ever saw it

Sorry, I don't think I've seen it!! 😬

Someone has recently tried to message me, but the message didn't come through, as my inbox was full. I've deleted some, so should come through now.