Blista

Team Associated Green Slime alternative for diff rebuild?

I'm going to rebuild the diffs in my XV01 using the guide provided on thercracer.com

Team Associated Green Slime is recommended to help stop leaks, but it isn't available at any of my usual places.  There's a few other products that seem similar, however I have no idea what the Green Slime is beyond it being referred to as a shock o-ring lube.

There's:

Tuning Haus Shock O-Ring Grease

Team Losi O-Ring Grease

GMade Shock Grease

Arrowmax O-Ring Grease

Sweep Green Grease

Does anyone know which would be a good substitute?  I'm guessing they're all probably similar stuff?

Tbh they're all much of a muchness. Apparently AE green slime is exactly the same stuff as noleen sf3 shock grease which is used as lubricant for motorcycle forks and shock seals. It might be worth having a look for that instead as you can get considerably more than AE supplies for not a lot more cash. 

I got SRAM butter - for mountain bike fork bushings, shock seals, etc

Don't know how available it would be in NZ

22 hours ago, Supercoolnothing said:

Tbh they're all much of a muchness. Apparently AE green slime is exactly the same stuff as noleen sf3 shock grease which is used as lubricant for motorcycle forks and shock seals. It might be worth having a look for that instead as you can get considerably more than AE supplies for not a lot more cash. 

Cool, I thought that might be the case.  Thanks for the tip.

22 hours ago, Badcrumble said:

I got SRAM butter - for mountain bike fork bushings, shock seals, etc

Don't know how available it would be in NZ

I'd guess it should be available, although there's always a big markup on things sold here.  I'll check out the bike shop down the road.  Thanks.

My pot of grease was the same cost of two tubes of green slime from a major model sport provider.

Though a tube of slime probably lasts for ages. Doubt I’ll ever get to the bottom of this pot!