Slyda

The Wild One is alive

IT'S ALIVE! The Wild One is finally alive. Almost complete, with just the driver figure/interior to paint but finished enough to show now. Built basicly box stock with the addition of a ball bearing set, gold Fox rims and a MCI Racing sticker set. 

DSCN5457.JPG

DSCN5462.JPG

• Like 7

Looks great!

You've got Novafox wheels on your Wild One, I've got Wild One wheels on my Novafox. Maybe we should have just swapped. :)

Wow! That’s a little beauty. Really great job mate. Love the fox wheels on it. Tell us about the frame...spray painted? Dyed? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ALEXKYRIAK said:

Wow! That’s a little beauty. Really great job mate. Love the fox wheels on it. Tell us about the frame...spray painted? Dyed? 

Thanks for that. It's spray painted with Dulux Dura Max paint, not sure how long it will last though. I used an etch primer and white primer of the same brand, thinking the etch was not needed and the cause of some minor chipping. If I need to redo it so be it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Parkesy said:

That is a sexy looking WO! 👌🏼👌🏼

Thank you, a few hours have gone into it.

Took it out for it's first propper run today at an indoor meeting. It ran faultlessly despite having only done three laps of the living room previously. The only problem I encounted was the left front tyre got peeled off the rim a couple of times after having others crash into it. Needs to have a propper wheel alignment as I set it up using only the eyeometer and it was pulling to the left just a tad. The driver was more than a little rusty as I have not been on a controler in over 20 years but I was not as bad as I thought I would be. I was slow but still lots of grins to be had and you don't need to be fast to have a barrel load of fun. Lots to re-learn but it's a good excuse to get out and use it, looking forward to getting it dirty at the next outdoor meeting though. 

• Like 1

Looks great! The WO/FAV is still my favorite Tamiya buggy. It just looks so right. And, bonus, actually drives well...

• Like 1

On ‎7‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 10:56 PM, Grotty Otty said:

Nice work, that looks great 👍

On ‎7‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 11:06 AM, markbt73 said:

Looks great! The WO/FAV is still my favorite Tamiya buggy. It just looks so right. And, bonus, actually drives well...

Thanks guys. B)

Nice photography of a great looking car!  Wild One is still on my list of cars I "need".

I just finished buildind my wild one to the point where i can drive it. I drove about three times so far more mods will be put on it and it need sine more testing

image.jpg

On 7/13/2018 at 5:49 PM, jeekelemental said:

Great car, great photos. Hats off!

On 7/15/2018 at 11:00 PM, 78Triumph said:

Nice photography of a great looking car!  Wild One is still on my list of cars I "need".

Thanks fellas, appreciate your compliments. 👍

• Like 1