Gasquatch

2018 Manta Ray build.

Good build and very nicely presented thread, props.

I like your username as well, suits Alaska!

• Thanks 1

pickup a Hobbywing sensorless 10BL60 and a matching 3656 3300-4000kv. (3300-3500 is probably plenty, if you like busting stuff by all means go higher).

Very cheap for the amount of raw power you get. Nothing you can buy sensored will have the same amount of sheer brute power without spending 2-3 times as much. 

Juls

3 hours ago, Juls1 said:

pickup a Hobbywing sensorless 10BL60 and a matching 3656 3300-4000kv. (3300-3500 is probably plenty, if you like busting stuff by all means go higher).

Very cheap for the amount of raw power you get. Nothing you can buy sensored will have the same amount of sheer brute power without spending 2-3 times as much. 

Juls

I do like the look of that system. Was also considering a GoolRC setup. I've heard pretty good things about both of those brands, especially for the money. Thanks for the tip!

If you want stupid power you can go 10bl120 and a 3660 motor but I think you’ll just smash the drivetrain of a manta ray lol. 

I’m running previous version 10bl50 sensorless and 3400kv of the previous gen motor. Pulls wheelies from stand still if it gets traction. I dialed the punch back to the lowest setting, now you get about 1-2ft before all the power comes on then it pulls wheelies from a rolling start. Not wanting to destroy the car it’s plenty for what I want from my manta ray.