jg009

Just found another Tamiya in my vintage RC lot

Thought this was cool, found a 58098 Ferrari F40 in the huge vintage RC lot I acquired this past week. This is the same lot that my Bruiser, Clod, and CC-01 came from. The lot also had an M-01 Mini Cooper in it along with a bunch of other non-Tamiya cars. I cleaned it up a little bit, it needs a lot more attention, though.

53slmd.jpg

351eo0o.jpg

28ajdee.jpg

• Like 3

Sorry just found it’s a Group C chassis, this is a great looking one of yours.

From Tamiya Database: 

Another new, and later proven successfull chassis. The Group C chassis continued for many years with more or less the exact same configuration. The suspension is F1 type with spindle springs in the front and mono damper in the rear. The radio box is a sturdy bathtub type. The Goup C chassis was resurrected in 2005 after nearly 10 years not being used, and has so far been used in re-releases until 2014.

https://tamiyabase.com/?option=com_joodb&view=article&joobase=21&id=49&Itemid=1063#models-with-group-c-chassis

Correct! It's a group C car. I know the Tamiya purists everywhere are hating this, but I went ahead and installed a 3500 kv 4 pole brushless system in it and man does it rip!

3523ci0.jpg

I really want one of those group C chassis with the Street Devil body, but they are quite rare, especially with that body.

4 minutes ago, Mark_C said:

I really want one of those group C chassis with the Street Devil body, but they are quite rare, especially with that body.

I had to Google that one. That's a sweet looking car!

3 hours ago, jg009 said:

Correct! It's a group C car. I know the Tamiya purists everywhere are hating this, but I went ahead and installed a 3500 kv 4 pole brushless system in it and man does it rip!

3523ci0.jpg

Ahh man, you need a bigger pinion and 11.1v Lipo on that traxxas velineon. 

And a airport runway.....:D

Many years ago a friend had a street devil. We put a 9T brushed race motor in it (no such thing as brushless in those days.) it was near on undriveable so I can properly appreciate what you could do with that velineon.

• Like 1

On 8/30/2018 at 4:20 PM, Juls1 said:

Ahh man, you need a bigger pinion and 11.1v Lipo on that traxxas velineon. 

And a airport runway.....:D

Many years ago a friend had a street devil. We put a 9T brushed race motor in it (no such thing as brushless in those days.) it was near on undriveable so I can properly appreciate what you could do with that velineon.

This thing is a monster on 8.4v. 3s LiPo would be absolute insanity! Lol

I had my first major accident with this car yesterday but it held up fairly well. I got a split second of full throttle before it slid off the side of the road, got airborne, and then landed and dug in on the right side, causing it to violently roll about a half dozen times. It was resting on it's roof when I finally caught up to it with wads of grass and weeds stuffed into the wheels. Fortunately, damage seems to be limited to a couple small (1/8" or less) cracks in the body and the foam tires separated slightly on the right side. It really was a spectacular wreck, I wish I would have gotten it on film.

We should be able to report people on this site for having far too much luck, in this case picking up this car, and then not wrecking it in a crash.

Very nice score by the way.