Mad Ax

Cyprus RC scene? Any Cypriot members?

This is all a bit of a pipe-dream at the moment and it's a couple of years away if it ever happens, but my wife has had this crazy idea that we can emigrate to Cyprus.  Ignoring all the obvious difficult questions like where are we going to live, where are we going to work, where is our daughter going to go to school, what is going to happen with Brexit etc, the most important questions for me are:

What's the vintage RC scene like?

Are there any organised clubs or groups of people who get together for bashing?

Are there any regular Lorry / Truck meets on the island?

I've googled a fair few model shops who seem to offer a lot in the way of RTR, nitro, large-scale but not much Tamiya, and can't find any links to organised clubs.

:)

Hey buddy. I am a Cypriot. not following much on tournaments and stuff here. Mostly 1/8 pro nitro buggy stuff and rally games. But, there are a couple of guys doing some races with vintage stuff only tamiya etc. I am a guy who likes vintage stuff too, thats why i wasnt involved in the latest rc stuff here. I think most people wont run them due to the chance of breaking some rare stuff and then paying an arm and a leg for parts and shipping costs and customs taxes to import something here from a no eu country, lets say Japan or US. 

If you do come to our little island, do hit me  up and ill show you around and you can meet some people involved.

Regarding tamiya stuff, you wont find anything here. The shops currently import chinese crap like nanda racing, hsp, and pro competition buggies and losi, traxxas and other latest stuff. so forget about vintage stuff for tamiya from a shop in Cyprus :P

and dont expect too many clubs. people organizing the races are mostly shop owners who own the tracks.

• Like 1

Thanks for the reply @gt4baby, that's really helpful.  Having a few other vintage Tamiya folks to play around with from time to time would be good.

I'd really miss my monthly lorry meets, it's such a niche thing but actually there are 3 good clubs near me so that's three meets every month for those who have the time.  I don't know how I'd find out if there's a club on the island though... 

I could probably ask the people i know and let you know in more details. I know that some of them run 1/8 buggies and rally game, others do some crawling, some do drift and few of the do vintage stuff. Ill see what i can gather and let you know ;)

• Thanks 1

Awesome, thank you :)