Kingfisher

Anyone have a drone?

Recommended Posts

My girlfriend is interested in a drone, and doesn't know which one to choose. I have no clue myself as this is something I have never explored, though I have seen frames to build your own on H-King. What are some good brands to look at, or where should she start? She wants to record video and be able to take pictures with it. As a first time flyer, should she get something to use as a beginner drone, or just go for the whole package and learn from there?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I built two racing drones last year there are no instructions and you have to rely on youtube for instructions and programming isn't easy for a beginner. Eventually sold them and went back to rc cars. My suggestion is buy a cheap drone to learn to fly then later get a dji spark, phantom or mavic. Dji also has the tello which does picture and video for $99.

 

https://store.dji.com/product/tello

https://www.getfpv.com/eachine-e013-micro-fpv-quad-kit-w-goggles.html

https://www.getfpv.com/ready-to-fly-quadcopters/inductrix-fpv-rtf-ready-to-fly.html

https://newbeedrone.com/collections/beeductrix-inductrix/products/acrobee-kit-with-beebrain-v2-1

 

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can't provide much insight, but I can say don't bother with the drones that are controlled by mobile phones/tablets.  Those are trash (had one from Parrot and the range was very small).

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/12/2018 at 10:39 PM, MICHAELs TopForce17 said:

I built two racing drones last year there are no instructions and you have to rely on youtube for instructions and programming isn't easy for a beginner. Eventually sold them and went back to rc cars. My suggestion is buy a cheap drone to learn to fly then later get a dji spark, phantom or mavic. Dji also has the tello which does picture and video for $99.

 

https://store.dji.com/product/tello

https://www.getfpv.com/eachine-e013-micro-fpv-quad-kit-w-goggles.html

https://www.getfpv.com/ready-to-fly-quadcopters/inductrix-fpv-rtf-ready-to-fly.html

https://newbeedrone.com/collections/beeductrix-inductrix/products/acrobee-kit-with-beebrain-v2-1

 

 

 

Hey,

I was about to open a new thread for FPV drones... as I am ''starting'' to build one, I am right now in a phase of buying cheap discount parts I need.

SO far...

RCMART 4x Multistar 1808 2400kV motors

https://hobbyking.com/en_us/secret-motor-1808-2400kv-ccw-0-1-laminations.html

https://hobbyking.com/en_us/vspec-motor-1808-2400kv-cw-0-2-laminations.html

BANGGOOD 1x ZMR250 250mm Wheelbase FPV frame kit

https://www.banggood.com/New-ZMR250-250mm-Wheelbase-Carbon-Fiber-FPV-Racing-Frame-Kit-for-RC-Drone-p-1305898.html?cur_warehouse=CN

 

I have bought the motors for a total of 19 $ in a bargain sale, and the FPV frame for 11€ with a discount coupon. I think I am doing pretty god still in the 99$ budget.

Now I have my doubts and need help.

should I go with this 4 in 1 esc? it also has a flightcontroller integrated, only FPV gear missing next... I am a total idiot for antennas and whatsoever cameras etc...

https://hobbyking.com/en_us/turnigy-multistar-30a-blheli-32-4-in-1-race-spec-esc-w-f4-fc-osd-bec-2-4s.html

it should fit my needs as it is rated for 2-4S use, and the motors are rated for 3s. 

But also I haveread that solo esc's are a better deal as you can replace 1 esc instead the whole unit. But then it needs a seperate flight controller, and I dont know which I need. what are the differences and so on

 

as for the FPV gear, I dont understand anything.

For radio I would use the FlySky FSI6 

https://www.banggood.com/de/FlySky-FS-i6-2_4G-6CH-AFHDS-RC-Transmitter-With-FS-iA6B-Receiver-p-983537.html?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc_lang&utm_content=2livia&utm_campaign=DE-ds-flysky-flysky&gclid=Cj0KCQiA1NbhBRCBARIsAKOTmUsFRZNZUU_hkDVCuIsRg8LtqVMKC1shDAcI3ovsBmJxPkkH2-cl7JMaArPXEALw_wcB

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Fabia130vRS said:

 But also I haveread that solo esc's are a better deal as you can replace 1 esc instead the whole unit. But then it needs a seperate flight controller, and I dont know which I need. what are the differences and so on

as for the FPV gear, I dont understand anything.

My first drone was not very good I made too many mistakes I also used the flysky fsi6 radio but didn’t like the radio. My second drone was the best I copied this video on YouTube.

Drone builds website

https://rotorbuilds.com/builds

Radios

https://hobbyking.com/en_us/fpv-racer-radio-mode-2-black.html

https://m.banggood.com/FrSky-ACCST-Taranis-Q-X7-Transmitter-2_4G-16CH-White-Black-International-Version-p-1196246.html?rmmds=search

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, MICHAELs TopForce17 said:

My first drone was not very good I made too many mistakes I also used the flysky fsi6 radio but didn’t like the radio. My second drone was the best I copied this video on YouTube.

Drone builds website

https://rotorbuilds.com/builds

Radios

https://hobbyking.com/en_us/fpv-racer-radio-mode-2-black.html

https://m.banggood.com/FrSky-ACCST-Taranis-Q-X7-Transmitter-2_4G-16CH-White-Black-International-Version-p-1196246.html?rmmds=search

I did a lot of research yesterday... to make things easier to myself for the first drone build, I will go with the ALL 4 in 1 esc and if something burns out I will go with the seperate solution.

Can you tell me why youd did not like the I6 transmitter?

and what about programing? what do I need to program and are you using Betaflight?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Fabia130vRS said:

I did a lot of research yesterday... to make things easier to myself for the first drone build, I will go with the ALL 4 in 1 esc and if something burns out I will go with the seperate solution.

Can you tell me why youd did not like the I6 transmitter?

and what about programing? what do I need to program and are you using Betaflight?

I just wanted something nicer don’t think there anything wrong with the fsi6 you can also use for rc cars. To program you only need a micro USB cable and download beta flight from google chrome check video at 35 mins in.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, MICHAELs TopForce17 said:

I think I just wanted something nicer don’t think there anything wrong with the fsi6 you can also use it for every cars. To program you only need a micro USB cable and download beta flight from google chrome check video at 35 mins in.

that is great.

well I am totally against stick TX in rc cars,but for this hobby it is necessary.

I think I will go with this one for the first try.

https://hobbyking.com/en_us/turnigy-t6a-v2-afhds-2-4ghz-6ch-transmitter-w-receiver-v2-mode-2.html 

thank you for your help.

I have been watching this video and really encouraging to learn  drone flying.

as they claim it to be... first learn how to build it, how to program it and then how to fly it. And first of all I will learn myself to fly insight... after I have managed such I might go into the FPV gear

I think in the build I am all good up to the part where I need to conect all to the RX. but until I get there it willbe clear I guess.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Fabia130vRS said:

that is great.

well I am totally against stick TX in rc cars,but for this hobby it is necessary.

I think I will go with this one for the first try.

https://hobbyking.com/en_us/turnigy-t6a-v2-afhds-2-4ghz-6ch-transmitter-w-receiver-v2-mode-2.html 

thank you for your help.

I have been watching this video and really encouraging to learn  drone flying.

as they claim it to be... first learn how to build it, how to program it and then how to fly it. And first of all I will learn myself to fly insight... after I have managed such I might go into the FPV gear

I think in the build I am all good up to the part where I need to conect all to the RX. but until I get there it willbe clear I guess.

29usd and comes with a display screen to see adjustments to trim etc.

https://hobbyking.com/en_us/fpv-racer-radio-mode-2-black.html

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I did  have a drone:D..but its now in the hands of Heathrow security.......:rolleyes:.....:lol:

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

they look nice, I am about to have my FPV gear, a monitor with video reciver, I learn to fly with a eachine e013, it has a camera with integrated transmitter that I wanna use with the monitor as I orderd the eachine e013 without gogels to learn to fly in sight. Really good at it at the moment, so I feel comfident about my big drone build, orderd a flight controller with esc two days ago, and that is the final part missing. Also from curiosity I orderd a eachine video reciever for android iPhone devices... interesting also..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Fabia130vRS said:

they look nice, I am about to have my FPV gear, a monitor with video reciver, I learn to fly with a eachine e013, it has a camera with integrated transmitter that I wanna use with the monitor as I orderd the eachine e013 without gogels to learn to fly in sight. Really good at it at the moment, so I feel comfident about my big drone build, orderd a flight controller with esc two days ago, and that is the final part missing. Also from curiosity I orderd a eachine video reciever for android iPhone devices... interesting also..

I only fly with FatShark goggles apart from post-build hover tests. These things are small and fast and I find it really hard to see what’s front and back at a distance in acro mode. They are all 200 frames with 5” props. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Peter_B said:

I just bought myself one of these - http://www.nikkoair.com/air-elite-115/

Obviously more of a toy than the the other stuff mentioned here. But I've never flown a drone before, and it was cheap, so thought it a good starting point.

looks like really good quality, I hope you enjoy it.

I am perfectly happy with my Eachine E013, I managed to get a FPV monitor and to fly FPV. Here a small video I recorded.

once I get my 250 drone build, and learn how to use my big transmitter, I will buy probably this board with a F3 flight controller so I could use betaflight and my big TX for the E013.

https://www.amainhobbies.com/eachine-beecore-f3-evo-brushed-acro-flight-control-board-flysky-ech-491344-flysky/p580667

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now