My dream is a Super Levant for bashing around. But today it's a rare and less affordable rc. So I want made a custom version with original parts only.

I have already a TT02T, but I want something more capable. The original Levant is more affordable, but it lack a slipper clutch (essential item for a pleasant off road). I have considered the DF03, but I'm not a big fan of this chassis. 2wd is not enough appealing... Suggestions?

So it seems that the only way is to buy the levant and transfer all the stuff in the SL chassis and rebuild from scratch the slipper clutch.

For motorizing I want try to swap motor and esc fron the Levant with my tblm10,5T  (with proper gearing)

Tips?

@vodka I know this post is from 2018 but did you ever find any info? I've been looking at the Levant / Super Levant platform the past few days. It looks blatantly superior to the other off-road offerings from Tamiya. I've been slowly gathering TT-02b parts, planning out a build. But it just seems silly compared to the Levant platform.

4 hours ago, isomer1 said:

@vodka I know this post is from 2018 but did you ever find any info? I've been looking at the Levant / Super Levant platform the past few days. It looks blatantly superior to the other off-road offerings from Tamiya. I've been slowly gathering TT-02b parts, planning out a build. But it just seems silly compared to the Levant platform.

The original Levant platform is a long arm TB01 which is pretty old now and bits are a hard to come by. Closest thing from the current tamiya range would be to get an Asterion. The XV01 chassis uses a lot of suspension parts from the TRF5XX/DB0X series of buggies and you can fit a slupper clutch. For the wide stance it might possible to replace the stock narrow arms with DB01 high traction arms 54141 and 54142 and get buggy length driveshafts and turnbuckles for longer camber links.

• Thanks 1

@isomer1 having had a quick look i think you would need the suspension blocks and the longer inner arm shafts from the XV01 TC Pro in order to fit the buggy arms, but all they chassis tub is the same for the TC as the regular XV01 so it should just all fit. Not sure about what you would do for shock towers. Maybe the Long Damper towers with buggy shocks? 

@isomer1 sorry for the late reply... after some research I'm switched back on the levant route and I've grabbed everithing i could find on ebay. The tt02b is a good option (there are some exemples here), but you must adapt the body and the chassis do not offer so much protection from dirt & c (on tb01 you can use the rally shell protection and w/o the chassis guarantees enough protection) With XV01 you must try all possible combination, ThunderDragonCy has already given you some good tips, but for me it's the "long way" and I've abandoned it. After some upgrades now I have a Levant and a Super Levant :ph34r: