VagabondStarJXF

Idea: TamiyaClub Cruise/Holiday?

Hi all,

Every year or two I get some email regarding a “Star Trek Cruise” thing that happens every so often and this got me thinking…

I don’t know if this idea has been floated on here before but, if it hasn’t, would we TamiyaClub people be interested in organising an RC specific group vacation thing? It doesn’t need to be a cruise per se, although I think that a cruise would be awesome, so it could just be a beachside resort and we could all bring along our vintage buggies and trucks to do a beach run or an inner city hotel where we could take over a section of park/grassland for off-roaders or a car park for on-roaders? If this idea has been proposed previously, what happened? Did it go ahead? If it didn’t happen, why didn’t it? If it did happen, would it be a possibility for TC to do it again?

• Like 1

Me and the missus would be interested if it's not further up country than the midlands. She's got no interest in RC cars but wouldn't mind sightseeing and shopping with other club members partners.😁

Discriminating by how,this idea would work in the UK, but not the rest of europe.

I would be in, but how to match uk with europe and all 😁

1 hour ago, martinjpayne said:

Me and the missus would be interested if it's not further up country than the midlands. She's got no interest in RC cars but wouldn't mind sightseeing and shopping with other club members partners.😁

1 hour ago, Fabia130vRS said:

Discriminating by how,this idea would work in the UK, but not the rest of europe.

I'm open to ideas for location and style/format of this group holiday. Personally I like the idea of everyone meeting up on a cruise ship that visits a few beachy places. Not fancying RC'ing with the TC group means you can go and enjoy the sunshine and/or scenery with your significant other (or alone if that's how you roll!). I'm hoping we'll all come together to find a decent plan for location and type of holiday, something that'll agree with everyone's tastes.

One idea I have, which I think would be awesome if we could all agree to do it, is if everyone brings along some racing cones, say a dozen each, that allows a makeshift track to be laid out wherever we go. If there's only a few racers then a small track can be mapped out with the few dozen cones those few have but, if there's loads of us wanting to race, there'll be loads of cones to mark out a larger track.

If it's going to be a cruise or something out of the country then I'm out.

I'm on ESA PIP and crutches. With my wife having had breast cancer two years ago and me being on morphine and anti-depressants our holiday insurance is £880 for a single week trip.

Have a nice time.

1 hour ago, Fabia130vRS said:

I, for one, would love to come out to one of the central/Eastern European countries where 1/10th rallying is popular, but I am my wife's carer (psychiatric problems and depression) and she cannot travel too far or be left whilst I go off on a jolly.🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

20 minutes ago, Granddad Stinky said:

If it's going to be a cruise or something out of the country then I'm out.

I'm on ESA PIP and crutches. With my wife having had breast cancer two years ago and me being on morphine and anti-depressants our holiday insurance is £880 for a single week trip.

Have a nice time.

17 minutes ago, martinjpayne said:

I, for one, would love to come out to one of the central/Eastern European countries where 1/10th rallying is popular, but I am my wife's carer (psychiatric problems and depression) and she cannot travel too far or be left whilst I go off on a jolly.🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

Nothing is set in stone guys, far from it as I'd only just thrown the idea out there, so no need for anyone to count themselves out yet. :) 

For a UK only rc break I would suggest renting a suite of self catering holiday cottages (for 20-30 people) in Devon or Cornwall for a week. Partners can drive to nearby towns and tourist attractions or go to the beach: us lads can race cars, put the world to rights, drink beer and plan the evening barbecue.😆

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, martinjpayne said:

I got mini cones too, 30 of them now!!🤣

5rLtteW.jpg

Three for a quid in Poundland.👍

Three glaring errors.

1. Wrong way up. 🤦‍♂️

2. No ice cream. 😮

3. No bubble gum at the bottom. 🤨

Sort it! 😁

• Haha 3

12 hours ago, martinjpayne said:

For a UK only rc break I would suggest renting a suite of self catering holiday cottages (for 20-30 people) in Devon or Cornwall for a week. Partners can drive to nearby towns and tourist attractions or go to the beach: us lads can race cars, put the world to rights, drink beer and plan the evening barbecue.😆

Something along those lines would be brilliant! 👍

Although Cornwall is over a 10hr drive (that was last time, without kids!?), a bit of a trek if it's just a weekend (although Newquay does have an airport 🤔, but if I'm jumping on a plane, anywhere within a couple of hours flight really!)

Are there any tracks down there? 

Southport is about half way for me, and have an outdoor track, near the beach, we could use (maybe!🤔)? 

Any longer than a weekend, and the hard part would be convincing the wife it would be a great use of my annual holidays 😳😂😂

That's the Southport track circled in Victoria park (hold flower shows too) next to a caravan park, beach (dunes, woods etc) , pleasure land  etc

2018-07-14_09-04-32

There is already a week long RC car holiday every year in May - it is at Primrose valley Yorkshire. We run run/race 2 dedicated Tamiya heats. Tamiya Mini's and Tamiya trucks. I only race Tamiya so I race my off road tamiya's. You can race any cars in the classes, we have touring cars as well. https://www.facebook.com/groups/1819705901690480/ 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, super gripper said:

at Primrose valley Yorkshire

That looks a brilliant location, and an on road track too, for those into that kind of thing, to bash on!! 

I'm guessing it's possible to hire the use of the venue (with/without timing)? 

(Not just for this holiday purpose, but for maybe Glasgow RC to do a tour!) 

the 'venue' is on Haven Holiday property so no in answer to your question. - the tracks are put up only once a year. The rest of the time the tarmac area has caravans parked on it and the grassed area has car parked on it.

• Thanks 1

Plenty of Tamiya's get raced every year ……………….here are mine.  Pictures from this years holiday.

Prim mini 002.jpg

trf502x Prim.jpg

Prim truck 014.jpg

Prim201.jpg