Sign in to follow this  
TurboTimmy

Welcoming Ideas For The Rear Of My Baja

Looking at the rear of my Poor Man's Sand Scorcher makes me think it needs something to finish it off. An engine comes to mind first, of course. But I saw a rear bumper/skid plate called a "RaceMaster RM420".

Does anyone have a picture of how one of those things fastens to a Grasshopper/Hornet chassis?

Does anyone have a source for a 1/10 scale vw engine?

Thanks for any info.

100_1948.JPG

• Like 1

Also, for my TT-02 Bug project I used the front mount for a Blitzer Beetle that I bolted to the front uprights. I got lucky & it lined up perfectly. 

I made holes in the shell to fit the rear mounts though. Toothpaste and a soldering iron :)

EDIT. Never mind, I read your question about mounting wrong & I can't see how to remove my reply.

My first reply is a good link to an engine though. I just searched Ebay for "Sand Scorcher Engine". 

Edited by User4
Edited for idiocy :)

Another approach you could try is to make a fairing like some full-size Baja owners put around their engines to stop people's fingers straying where they shouldn't.

A piece of plasticard cut and bent to shape should provide a convincing facsimile, then you don't need to worry about replicating a full engine, just some engine shaped lumps of plastic with perhaps a couple of wires to represent HT leads barely visible in the shadows behind the fairing should give enough of an impression of engininess.