OldmanBm

Landjump Electric Conversion

Hi,

Am also a newbie to this site. Nice buggy,

My recent attempt to rebuild a 35 yr old landjump and convert to EP... need idea and comments.

Thanks !

ljump 1.jpeg

ljump2.jpeg

• Like 1

8 hours ago, OldmanBm said:

Hi,

Am also a newbie to this site. Nice buggy,

My recent attempt to rebuild a 35 yr old landjump and convert to EP... need idea and comments.

Thanks !

ljump 1.jpeg

ljump2.jpeg

Nice buggy, as a new forum user I suggest you start a new thread so it’s dedicated to converting this landjump to electric. Good luck

Edited by TWINSET
Posts moved from another thread

Hi mblund,

Sorry for late reply. I didnt think there would be any interest on my old , 30 year old landjump conversion.

Anyway, here are the info you requested.

Batteries 4s 5200mah, 14.8 v

motor : brushless 53674 Brushless Motor 4 poles 2640KV : Goolrc

esc S120A Goolrc , combo bought with motor.

Your choice looks good BUT i am really not in a position to comment because, I am a real NEWBIE .... really new.

I am also in the process of searching and talking to buggy drivers all over to get advise on replacement ESC as I BURNED the one above while trying full runs on a field.

The field is a bit wet so there are some grass stuck to the drive shaft. I many have overun the buggy at high speed, as i was told runtime needs to be less than 5 minutes.

Anyway, It burned real bad. Hope to learn more from others and try to prevent next time around.

I can be reached at sid2338@yahoo.com

OldmanBM

Buggy Burn.jpeg

Buggy Burn 2.jpeg

esc.jpeg

This seems like a great thread, attempted electric conversion of a classic.  Personally I prefer the nitro version and wish Kyosho would re re these like they have done the electrics.  But, the photo of the Land Jump on fire is iconic.  What ever happened, did you try again?