Jason1145

Front wheels that take a bearing ( not 12mm hex)

Can you guys please throw out some more wheels that take a bearing for the front wheel?

I’m looking for options for my Striker which needs bearing wheels on the front... I have some snazzy 12mm rear wheels I’s like to try on it but also wanted to see more options for the front... I accept I might try different front wheels than won’t match the rear ones

So far I’ve found some Schumacher white dish slim bearing wheels p/n sch - u4104

Hopefully Tyre fitment won’t be an issue either.

Might have a set of 4 in silver which I think were a Ltd edition - same style as the Top Force but for 2WD cars, probably have some tyres for them also.

• Like 1

This is a list of Wheels and Tires that I have in my "Spare Wheels" box for my Frog, Bush Devil (Blackfoot), and Grasshopper.

New and Unused:

HPI 2100 - Front - white - NIB - with HPI 6115 adapters

HPI 2015 - Front - black - NIB - with HPI 6115 adapters
HPI 2015 - Front - black - NIB - with HPI 6115 adapters

HPI 2025 - Front - chrome - NIB - with HPI 6115 adapters
HPI 2025 - Front - chrome - NIB - with HPI 6115 adapters

HPI 2135 - Rear - white - NIB - with HPI 6125 beveled washers - No 6120 adapters
HPI 2135 - Rear - white - NIB - with HPI 6125 beveled washers - No 6120 adapters

HPI 2140 - Rear - black - NIB - with HPI 6125 beveled washers - No 6120 adapters
HPI 2140 - Rear - black - NIB - with HPI 6125 beveled washers - No 6120 adapters

HPI 2160 - Rear - chrome - NIB - with HPI 6125 beveled washers - No 6120 adapters
HPI 2160 - Rear - chrome - NIB - with HPI 6125 beveled washers - No 6120 adapters

HPI 6115 - Front wheel adapters - NIB

Proline 2524 - 1.75 Front - white - NIB - Matches Buggy Champ Rear Tire and mounts standard Brat tire (BC had skinny 1.75 front)

Proline 2526 - Front - white - NIB
Proline 2526 - Front - white - NIB

Tamiya 9335110 - Blitzer Beetle Front and Rear - white - NIB

----------

Used but not mounted on vehicle:

HPI 2100 - Front - white - used - with Proline Foam (unk part#) and Proline Road Rage - Frog street tire
HPI 2135 - Rear - white - used - with Proline Foam (unk part#) and Proline Road Rage - Frog street tire

Proline 2526 - Front - painted black - used - with Team Losi Ribbed - no foam - Bush Devil beach tire
Proline 2527 - Rear - painted black - used - with Proline Sand Paw - no foam - Bush Devil beach tire

Proline 2526 - Front - chrome - used - with Tamiya pin Blackfoot tire - Bush Devil original tire - no foam
Proline 2527 - Rear - chrome - used - with Tamiya pin Blackfoot tire - Bush Devil original tire - no foam

Tamiya 9225110 - Blitzer Beetle Front and Rear - painted red - with Proline Foam (unk part#) and Imex J-Dawgs - Bush Devil monster tire

Tamiya 50428 - front - painted red - with Proline Foam (unk part#) and Proline Caliber - Bush Devil original wheel
Tamiya 50429 - rear - painted red - with Proline Foam (unk part#) and Proline Gladiator - Bush Devil original wheel

Amark (Imex) - Front - white - used

----------

Mounted on vehicle:

HPI 2100 - Front - dyed red - used - with Proline Foam (unk part#) and Imex Claw Dawgs - Bush Devil tire
HPI 2135 - Rear - dyed red - used - with Proline Foam (unk part#) and Imex Claw Dawgs - Bush Devil tire

HPI 2100 - Front - white - used - with Proline Foam (unk part#) and Proline Striker II - GH tire
HPI 2135 - Rear - white - used - with Proline Foam (unk part#) and Proline [xxxxx] - GH tire

Amark (Imex) - Front - white - used - with Proline Foam (unk part#) and Proline Street Hawg II - Frog tire
Amark (Imex) - Rear - white - used - with Proline Foam (unk part#) and Proline Street Hawg II - Frog tire

----------

Extra Frog and GH wheels and tires:

Tamiya - Frog - Front Tires - used
Tamiya - GH - Front Tires - used
Tamiya - Frog - Rear Pin Tires - used
Tamiya - GH - Rear Paddle Tires - used
Tamiya - GH - Rear Paddle Tires - used
Tamiya - Buggy Champ - Rear wheels with Brat Tires - used (my original Frog Street Tires when I was a kid)
Tamiya - Brat - Front wheels with Brat Tires

I doesn't quite answer your question, but all the front wheels listed do take 1150 bearings and will fit on the front of ORV vehicles.  It might help you???

Terry

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'll add that some of those wheels/tires are 2.2 size...  In fact, most of them are...

Terry

Thanks chaps, looks like a few options there.

im not sure how good a car can look with odd wheels front to back but it’s worth trying I suppose.

So DT02 and DT03 are good options already, I’ve ruled out the Hornet and Grasshopper wheels.

Might look at Blitzer front wheels, they are wider so might look good too.

I have wheels of the dt01 but in a different color then you rear

I was looking for my dt01, found dish wheels on the end, giving it the racing look

search on ebay or 2wd buggy wheels will show wheels with rear hex and front bearing.

IMG_0073.JPG

• Like 1

If you can find some, the quickdrive cars had roller bearing front wheels - that opens up the option of running a variety of 52mm wheels, crawlers, off road etc.

Although I still haven't found any for a reasonable price - probably cheaper to find a QD car at a car boot sale!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Jonathon Gillham said:

What about Novafox wheels? Who doesn't love gold wheels...

Those are real purty...  

Terry

• Like 1

Actually I'm pretty sure the Monster Beetle has bearings on the front too...I forget, was the original question what gold wheels have bearings?

• Like 1

If I remember right, most 2wd cars had bearings in the front in that era?

Kyosho ones such as the Raider or Ultima could be an option and save spoiling the look with 2.2" 

• Like 1

I do have a Striker fitted with the bigger 2.2 wheels from a Hotshot and it does look slightly out of proportion, so I just quickly squint at it then turn away 😂 

The rear wheels ( which prompted this search for matching fronts with bearings) I have are a chrome 2.2” and this time they actually look ok on a Striker. 

I’ve bought a full set of hex rear and bearing front chrome wheels from TC’r bigstuff but.....Ideally I’m still looking for some chrome front buggy wheels that take bearings in either 2 or 2.2”

Im gonna go look at those Kyosho ones mentioned cheers.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Can someone confirm that these Kyosho Scorpion 2014 Front Wheels And Tyres are 2” and if they are bearing fit?

Are they normal buggy width front wheels like the Falcon and Striker?

Scorpion front wheels - SCH001SC

Scoroion front tyres - SCT001S

Kyosho Scorpion 2014 fronts are 1.9" and bearing fit. 840 bearings if used on kyosho axles.. Similar width to falcon & Stricker. 

• Like 1

On 7/22/2018 at 12:56 PM, Jason1145 said:

Can someone confirm that these Kyosho Scorpion 2014 Front Wheels And Tyres are 2” and if they are bearing fit?

2.2" (a few people are upgrading to the original size),they look to be a bearing fit? 

https://www.modelsport.co.uk/kyosho-front-wheel-2-scorpion-2014-white-2-2-inch/rc-car-products/429621

• Like 1

I’ve just ordered a set of the chrome wheels so will soon find out ;) 

• Like 1

The Scorpion wheels fit a 4x8x3 mm bearing. The purchased some 4x11 bearings to fit Tamiya wheels on the smaller Scorpion axle.   However, if you wanted to fit Scorpion wheels on  a Tamiya axle, you need 5x8x3 bearings which are uncommon and expensive. You could probably use the common 5x8x2.5 bearing and just add a 5mm washer or two to make up the difference in the width.

if you want me to try it with mine, let me know.

UPDATE: I tried mine with the 5x8x2,5 bearings with no additional washers and it worked.  There is a little side play from the missing .5mm width on the bearings but a washer should fix that.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, 67CamaroSS said:

The Scorpion wheels fit a 4x8x3 mm bearing. The purchased some 4x11 bearings to fit Tamiya wheels on the smaller Scorpion axle.   However, if you wanted to fit Scorpion wheels on  a Tamiya axle, you need 5x8x3 bearings which are uncommon and expensive. You could probably use the common 5x8x2.5 bearing and just add a 5mm washer or two to make up the difference in the width.

if you want me to try it with mine, let me know.

UPDATE: I tried mine with the 5x8x2,5 bearings with no additional washers and it worked.  There is a little side play from the missing .5mm width on the bearings but a washer should fix that.

Camaro thanks for the heads up on this bearing difference, I had assumed you could fit this Scorpion wheel straight onto a Tamiya axle, namely, the Striker in this case :(

So the standard 1150 bearings  are

Number _ O.D. ____ I.D. ____ Thickness

1150 __ 11mm ____ 5mm ____ 4mm

Sooooooooo, this means the Tamiya  axle is 5mm thick correct?

So if I need a 5x8x3 bearing - 5mm is the inner diameter to fit on the axle,  the 8mm must be the Outer Diameter (to fit into the 8mm Scorpion wheel - whereas a Tamiya wheel OD is 11mm) and then the 3mm thickness is because the Scorpion wheel is only 3mm thick - whereas Tamiya wheels are 4mm thick?

Does that all sound right?

• Like 1

I put Scorpion (or was it Turbo Scorpion?) wheels on my Scorcher with no Issues using the 5x8x2.5 bearings that I got from Amazon... I 3D printed hexes for the rear, and the wheels with the bearing slid right on...

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Jason1145 said:

Camaro thanks for the heads up on this bearing difference, I had assumed you could fit this Scorpion wheel straight onto a Tamiya axle, namely, the Striker in this case :(

So if I need a 5x8x3 bearing - 5mm is the inner diameter to fit on the axle,  the 8mm must be the Outer Diameter (to fit into the 8mm Scorpion wheel - whereas a Tamiya wheel OD is 11mm) and then the 3mm thickness is because the Scorpion wheel is only 3mm thick - whereas Tamiya wheels are 4mm thick?

Yes that is correct.  I put the wheels on a Hornet which uses the same front axle as the Striker I believe.  The side play probably is not a big issue and is easily corrected.

The rear Scorpion 2014 wheels not a hex mount whereas the Turbo Scorpion does use a hex mount and should fit as Darcsyde described.

Hope this helps.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Jason1145 said:

I always wondered why Tamiya went with the "wrong" way of indicating the bearing sizes.  

The engineering standard is "I.D. x O.D. x thickness."  I had to look for "5x11x4" bearings when I needed 1150 bearings.  

Since most shafts Tamiya used was 5mm back then, the "right" order would be like "511" or "508."  That's less clearer than 1150 and 850.  I guess they figured starting with outer diameter was more user-friendly.  

Looking forward to seeing your chrome wheels, Jason.  Guns too?

• Like 1

Coooool just ordered 4 x 5x8x2.5 bearings for a princely £1.98.

I think these will look good with the different rear chrome wheels I have.

Guns? You mean gym guns 💪🏻?

Well, suns out, guns out as they say ;)

I realise @Juggular might not get the implied feeble joke but it’s worth a shot ;)

Best thing is the Scorpion front tyres come with tyre writing already on them too! 

• Like 2