Ethan12345

Tamiya fox controller help needed

Cant find information antwhere elso so to the forum. What controller, not speed controller, would be correct time wise also brand matching if the fox had a controller for it would go with the original tamiya fox. Im willing to buy a controller/transmitter. I have three controllers though the first is a nikko am27mhz. The second is a futaba i think attack type. The third is a futaba Fp-t2gs.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

The Attack 2 (FP-T2CR) was released around 1995 going by the copyright date in the manual..

The FP-T2GS does not have a date in the manual, but the receiver does have a BEC, and it came with S128 servos, so I'm guessing it was released in the mid 80s..

The Nikko radio I'm not sure of the release date, or if it was released with a hobby grade car or toy grade...  

My old Fox (bought new back in about 1987) came bundled with an Acoms Techniplus AP-227 MkIII.  I think that, in the UK at least, at that time that was the most common transmitter/receiver.

The Fox doesn't have space for receiver batteries (I think it was one of the first few kits which didn't), so it came with a receiver power feed from its speed controller, and requires either a BEC (battery eliminator) receiver (which that Acoms Mk 3 is, meaning it can cope with full main battery voltage), or a separate BEC circuit in its receiver power switch (which I think Tamiya sold separately).

Mine has always just had the Acoms BEC receiver though.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Backlash said:

The Attack 2 (FP-T2CR) was released around 1995 going by the copyright date in the manual..

The FP-T2GS does not have a date in the manual, but the receiver does have a BEC, and it came with S128 servos, so I'm guessing it was released in the mid 80s..

The Nikko radio I'm not sure of the release date, or if it was released with a hobby grade car or toy grade...  

THat is what is in the fox the servo and i have three of the bec receivers. But i have used a newer attack sr transmitter. So did the Fp T2gs come with theis reciver and the s-128 sevos as a package / bundle together? The s128 is in my fox same fpr the receiver for-r122je as seen in picture.

image.jpg