After all these fantastic re-released kits like RC10 classic, RC10 worlds car, Cat xls, Optima and Javelin, Egress and Avante...I wonder if the Optima Mid will come back as well? Are there any informations about that? I still keep hoping :rolleyes:

• Like 3

I'd rip their arm off for one! Had one when they first came out but sadly lost over time, probably from one of the parentals clean outs....  I may be wrong but I thought Kyosho were in trouble and had been bought out by an investment business? My only concern would be cost, Kyosho spares appear to be extortionate compared to someone like Schumacher (I'm UK based) so breaking it could get expensive. Having said that the re releases so far look brilliantly done, two transmission options with the Optima, modified geometry but all within the vintage theme for example. 

Don't hold ya breath🙁 I think with the problems that kyosho are having and a investment business at the helm I fear it's only going to go one way and looking back is not something "investment" business do🤔! But I will be happy proved wrong and I would love to see mid's, turbo's the lot and those options house parts! Wheels etc etc😊

I'm hoping the Mid and the ultima have already been through the design and the manufacturing tooling stages and close to market, if thats the case, the bean counters will release them, as all the expensive work is done. I'm presuming that's what happened with the RB7.

🤞🤞🤞

Guess the Mid rere could turn out to be quite a cash cow for Kyosho, so really hope they will.

If re-re's are an area that is doing well for Kyosho they will keep at it. An investment bank wants to make money, they won't kill the profitable items. If their re-re's aren't selling well, the program has already been killed.

• Like 1

The problem with those kyosho rere’s is half the tamiya nuts that would want to buy them still have about 5 or 10 Tamiya models to buy first.....

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Juls1 said:

The problem with those kyosho rere’s is half the tamiya nuts that would want to buy them still have about 5 or 10 Tamiya models to buy first.....

THIS!!! I'm waiting for the Optima Mid as well, preferably a Turbo or SE.

• Like 1

They'll release it next year. I'm confident. On their past trajectory, I think that the estimated date was Jan/Feb 2019. It should be the Optima Mid as well.

God know's I'll be buying at least one, still restoring my OG one from the 80's!!! Favourite buggy of all time (mainly because I had one!)

I remember reading recently (no idea where, sorry) that they'd announced (or at least heavily rumoured) they were releasing a Turbo Optima this year. It'd make sense as the machining and tooling required would be much less than is needed for a Mid. Just have to hope that 2020 might be the year...

I so want an Optima Mid and Schumacher. Seeing how the Schumy is out and the Super Astute is as well I think you can see where I'm going!

• Like 1

Would like a Mid. I think it will happen, I've said it for a while. Would make for a very high seller.

Lee