TurboTimmy

HobbyWing 1060 Run Length With 15t Brushed Motor

I just installed a HobbyWing QuicRun 1060 in my buggy-it has an ARRMA 15t Mega Motor.

It ran like a rocketship for a while-but then acted as though it ran the battery down.

Question 1) How long should a 3000 mah NIMH battery last with that setup? I figure it won't run as long as, say, a 540.

Question 2) Does a HobbyWing QuicRun get too hot and shut itself off?

Thanks for any replies.

I run the 1060 with a 15t firebolt in a nova fox and a boomerang.

On a 4000mah 2s Lipo I get maybe 15+mins  out of the novafox and 10 out of the boomerang, both are geared tall for speed and have the peg removed on the esc for For/Rev as I find the brakes work great in neutral and a tap of reverse if needed.

I've also run both these on 3s, the novafox's motor ran a full pack before the motor started to smell , but the boomerang only lasted a few mins before smelling. At no point did the 1060 over heat.

The only time it has cut out is with an unknown reedy modified on 2s, and after leaving to cool and running it again, melted the solder on the battery connection, so I'd say the chance of any overheating issues running nimh minimal.

If it's set to Lipo setting, it goes half power close to lipo low volt (around 6.4v) and will stop completely at 6v.

• Like 2