Juggular

Which chassis is this?

I saved the photo, but didn't save the description.  Somebody even cut out to make room for the gearbox, but I'm not familiar with this chassis.  I'm sure the gearbox is obvious to many TC members.  Also what color would this be?  TS-92 Metallic Orange?  TS98 Pure Orange?  Something else entirely?

YPfVH5z.jpg

• Like 1

DT-02 

Not sure where the little frame around the gearbox is from, May be part of the body or from another chassis, wild one maybe? 

Unless it comes on the sand rover 58500 standard?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Juls1 said:

Unless it comes on the sand rover 58500 standard?

Don't think so, must be custom fitted

• Like 1

The roll bar looks to be off an SRB... (Scorcher, Rough Rider, Ranger)

• Like 1

Yeah when I first saw it I thought SRB. It wasn't until I read Juls's comment I realised it was indeed a DT02

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Juggular said:

I saved the photo, but didn't save the description.  Somebody even cut out to make room for the gearbox, but I'm not familiar with this chassis.  I'm sure the gearbox is obvious to many TC members.  Also what color would this be?  TS-92 Metallic Orange?  TS98 Pure Orange?  Something else entirely?

YPfVH5z.jpg

Here's your buggy. So you can check the building process.

I remember sending a message to this guy. Five years later I'm still waiting for a reply.  Nice.   Anyway, a very nice customization.

https://www.tamiyaclub.com/showroom_model.asp?cid=117596&id=19120

• Like 2

4 hours ago, mongoose1983 said:

Here's your buggy. So you can check the building process.

I remember sending a message to this guy. Five years later I'm still waiting for a reply.  Nice.   Anyway, a very nice customization.

https://www.tamiyaclub.com/showroom_model.asp?cid=117596&id=19120

Because the rear end wasn't cut out, I have a feeling that the showroom's Steve3 isn't the one I downloaded the photos from... but maybe he did that after the showroom photos were taken?   

Anyway, I'm surprised that it is DT02. 

The guy in the photo moved the body like 1cm forward.  It seems he cut the rear end, plus a lot of other mods, to make room for it.  That's what threw me off.  Wheelwells fit better the way he did.  I guess whoever he was, he wanted it to look more like the original Manx with VW engine hanging out.  

LnOJ9KG.jpg

Below is the unmodified rear end of Tamiya, "loosely" based on Manx.    

jSNZXOl.jpg

[ I could see how moving the body 1cm forward would look better...]

osjDP1B.jpg

He’s used TB Evo 2 arms to narrow it up, you could also use TL01LA arms or TA04 arms. I imagine significant modifications made to use them. Would use a different rear hub too, probably the one that matches the arms. 

The front arms he’s cut the tip off them.

The arms appear to be carbon reinforced, which show up from time to time on eBay. 

Juls