Granddad Stinky

Stoopid Battery Straps

After two years of sitting in the shelf, I'm going to run my re-re Optima. Here's a question that probably had an easy answer that's eluding me.

How do you stop a battery pack from sliding from side to side? I put a Torque Tuned in it to try it out in our lobby and it tries to eject the body around every corner.

Elastic hair ties. Use them in place of the plastic straps. Doubled over, they have enough holding power to keep the battery from sliding.

But go to the shop and buy a pack of new ones; don't raid your wife's hair-doodads drawer. You have been warned.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, markbt73 said:

Elastic hair ties. Use them in place of the plastic straps. Doubled over, they have enough holding power to keep the battery from sliding.

But go to the shop and buy a pack of new ones; don't raid your wife's hair-doodads drawer. You have been warned.

Ah thanks, on both counts. Is that the traditional answer from the first release days?

More or less. I used to use plain rubber bands, then O-rings, but I discovered the hair-tie solution several years ago for a restored Mid. Looks better, easier to get on and off, and lasts longer.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, mugenbulldog said:

The re-re Optima comes with Velcro straps that can hold any battery in.

I have them, they won't stop a lipo hard pack from sliding. I wondered if there were end plates that would go on, like TA models.

I glued the Kyosho straps on so they wouldn’t keep sliding off. 

Hair tie idea is great though!