Malakite

Nikki Turbo Panter 1 and 2...

Hi guys - does anyone know how I can fix the fact that neither of my Turbo Panthers are communicating between the car and the controller?  Obviously I have checked that both have power/new batteries/lights on on the controllers etc.. any ideas what might be possible at all?..

Check inside the transmitters, for clean contact points. And also, corrosion, and broken wires in both car and transmitter.

These are robust little cars that can often be fixed, but occasionally transmitter circuit boards can have other problems - in which case you will either need some electronics skill, or to pick up the same transmitter on eBay (on same frequency) and try that. If either of the circuit boards have frequency tuner dials on them, these can be adjusted with a small flathead screwdriver - in case they align the signal better between car and transmitter (I can't remember whether the Turbo Panther boards have these, but many similar vintage RTR models do have them).

Nikko Turbo Panther is getting a lot more love these days, thanks to some great collector videos on Youtube. I've been contacted by several people recently looking to restore them, or locate new in box examples (which are extremely rare and can fetch upwards of AU$500, circa US$400)

8 hours ago, cmarti said:

Maybe you are using the wrong band remote?

original remotes that came with them :-(

6 hours ago, Hibernaculum said:

Check inside the transmitters, for clean contact points. And also, corrosion, and broken wires in both car and transmitter.

These are robust little cars that can often be fixed, but occasionally transmitter circuit boards can have other problems - in which case you will either need some electronics skill, or to pick up the same transmitter on eBay (on same frequency) and try that. If either of the circuit boards have frequency tuner dials on them, these can be adjusted with a small flathead screwdriver - in case they align the signal better between car and transmitter (I can't remember whether the Turbo Panther boards have these, but many similar vintage RTR models do have them).

Nikko Turbo Panther is getting a lot more love these days, thanks to some great collector videos on Youtube. I've been contacted by several people recently looking to restore them, or locate new in box examples (which are extremely rare and can fetch upwards of AU$500, circa US$400)

CRAZY prices! I have the box with mine, BUT sad thing is, I let my Panther be used by my (at the time) 3 year old, and its been rather badly bashed up lol...

Does anyone happen to have a source for rear tires for these?  I have a few Turbo Aeros/Venus (Turbo Panther derivatives) which need rear tires.  Something that looks close to original-ish?