Sign in to follow this  
GTodd

My Egress 2013 Build and Review

I just ordered the parts needed to fit the Avante center ball differential. When the BS Avante came out I had a shelfer original that I took the center differential out of and used in place of the one way. The BS handled nicely with the center ball differentials combined with the front and rear ball differential. I never ran the BS with it's one way so it'll be interesting to note the handling difference.

I just installed the center differential, why wasn't the car set up like this as standard? What was a twitchy car is now a very stable and neutral car. I cant wait to get this to the track!!!

Have you been track testing in the meantime? Would be interested in your findings and your comparison to your Black special.:rolleyes:

Yes, yes I have!!!!  The Egress is more stable due to the longer wheel base.  The handling was a lttle twitchy with the fornt one way.  I ordered and intalled the Avante Center Differential. The center ball differential makes the car handle more neutral.  I had put HEAVY oil in the front shocks, 70 weight to try and compensate for the limmited suspension travel.  That wa not a good idea, made the Egress an understeering pig.  5o weight gives good steering and enough dampening for some doubels as well. The gear train is bullet proof and the new plastics have made the car more durable.  The Egress deffinitley handles better than the Avante, just not as pretty to look at. Here are some action shots. Not the best, my little man was takikng the pictures.

2uh8ntg.jpg

o7kftu.jpg

• Like 6

On ‎11‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 9:35 AM, GTodd said:

Yes, yes I have!!!!  The Egress is more stable due to the longer wheel base.  The handling was a lttle twitchy with the fornt one way.  I ordered and intalled the Avante Center Differential. The center ball differential makes the car handle more neutral.  I had put HEAVY oil in the front shocks, 70 weight to try and compensate for the limmited suspension travel.  That wa not a good idea, made the Egress an understeering pig.  5o weight gives good steering and enough dampening for some doubels as well. The gear train is bullet proof and the new plastics have made the car more durable.  The Egress deffinitley handles better than the Avante, just not as pretty to look at. Here are some action shots. Not the best, my little man was takikng the pictures.

2uh8ntg.jpg

o7kftu.jpg

Thank you very much, awesome track and pics! I´ve to admit, I like the Progress Tamiya brought into the Egress, but designwise my favorite is the Vanquish, Avante and Avante 2001. Egress is designwise already the Transition to the top force Styling. (wing profile of the Body). And thanks for the Setup tips, highly appreciated!

Have fun with this classic and enjoy every run! 

The egress is fully developed at this point. I might try the one way next time. You can only soften the front so much to increase traction with out causing issues in other areas 

26 minutes ago, GTodd said:

The egress is fully developed at this point. I might try the one way next time. You can only soften the front so much to increase traction with out causing issues in other areas 

Have you considered trying a custom front shock mount? The shocks are still very laid over compared to modern buggies. Maybe a wider front mount would give you better control over the suspension? 

Hi,

You reply to my interreogations... I reflect to buy a Egress 2013 or a Avante 2011 (with all ball diff). I prefer the look of the Avante... but to run I think I have no choice... Egress is much better than Avante 

13 hours ago, Kaminagayuchi said:

Hi,

You reply to my interreogations... I reflect to buy a Egress 2013 or a Avante 2011 (with all ball diff). I prefer the look of the Avante... but to run I think I have no choice... Egress is much better than Avante 

Buy an Egress and fit an Avante2001 body shell. 

Look at the link below

• Like 1

Your thread is THE solution !!

I like it ! Thanks a lot !

The look is awesome ! Very nice. 

And nobody made other holes on the front damper stay to have more position for the damper ?

Edited by Kaminagayuchi
Mistake

Not that I know of, I bet fibrelyte would make one if you'd ask.

It is a littlr tedious but all the adjusting of the shocks have to be either through shock oils or the piston'd of the shocks.