Sign in to follow this  
NeonScorcher

Baja Bug on TT-02B

After finishing my DT-03 Bug-Truck, which is basically a DT-03T with a beetle shell and offroad tires, and after taking this picture with the Racing Fighter and the Neo Scorcher, I thought about giving the Bug a 4WD brother.

Ausfahrt.jpg

• Like 3

As I already had a Neo Scorcher on TT-02B it was natural to think of using this chassis as a basis. The body mounts would have to be custom made, as the TT-02 onroad version doesn't allow for long dampers and the offroad version has only a single post in the front and back of the chassis. So I had to improvise:

In the front I cut a part from resin that would attach with the damper bridge to the diff housing. In that I drilled some holes and filed them rectangular to fit some spare body posts I already had.

In the back I used the damper bridge and also drilled holes and fit some body posts.

dämpfer vorne.jpg

dämpfer hinten.jpg

Next some color, good visibility is a must :D.

The tires are for an Ansmann ShortCourse Truck and fit well in terms of a desert buggy style look - I think. Feel free to comment :rolleyes:.

The body again came from Racer's Paradise. It is a rather nice classic Beetle, relieved of most of its fenders.

side view.jpg

close side.jpg

rear view.jpg

• Like 2

Brothers in off road racingB)brothers.jpg.49f66c14ba5c9c6dd1f2a7df7dd93df0.jpg

Will be testing on the track some time soon. Test runs have been very promising.

By the way, as the original front dampers had too little travel for my taste I mounted some slightly longer ones, also from Ansmann I had lying around. They work well.

• Like 5

Hey all, found this thread as I'm looking to do something similar. Has anyone tried the Kyosho Beetle body or the Kyosho Mad Bug body on a TT02B ? The Kyosho Beetle body is still available but I've only seen the Mad Bug bodies sold on AliExpress, which may be replicas ?