Sign in to follow this  
fractalife

Avante 2011 -Really love this car

Lovely photos, really shows off the Avante. Can I ask why the front wheels are set with so much camber and toe in? I've yet to run mine and am wondering if that's something I should do set up wise before hand. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Grotty Otty said:

Lovely photos, really shows off the Avante. Can I ask why the front wheels are set with so much camber and toe in? I've yet to run mine and am wondering if that's something I should do set up wise before hand. 

Thank you!  I still experiment with the camber and toe, like you see on the video, I like to play on local park which is gravel, and to do cornering then kick throttle, and I want to get less side sliding before kick because negetive camber giving more area of tires when cornering, also toe in helping reduce understeer on full throttle cornering. well, that not fix and still playing around with the set, more importantly, having fun :-)

Thank you. It was a childhood dream to get one and I have never been so careful and nervous with every sticker, brush stroke and spray! One of my favourite builds and I still think it's the best looking rc car ever... 😎

• Like 1

It's the 30th anniversary of the avante this year🤗 wonder if another special edition will come our way🤔?

• Like 2

Just found this thread. AMAZING photos - LOVE them.

And yes, they just announced that they're doing the Black Special again! Happy days!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Juggernut said:

So how do you shine it back up after the dusty run?  :D

haha, I love to break it down , dip the motor in water and run it, dip the parts with bleach and dish soap, then reapply grease. and repolish the body with silicon

It's good news about the black special making a return🤗 but would it be so difficult to produce maybe a special in a different colour or give it a turbo treatment🤔? After all them little mini 4wd things which look very popular over in tamiyaland have all different types and colours of egress and avante! 

• Like 2

Man I need another one of these.....and a TXT-2, the Super Astute... It's a disease I need an intervention again!

Very nice Car. 

Can't decide If I should get one. But I am under pressure the BS is comming. ****. Or the egress? ****.

What is your wheel tire Combo you are running in the Pics. 

I think of you Change the wheel tire away from the original a Bit of the Magic gets Lost ... But I Like those ...

Regards david

• Like 1

I’m just putting one together as a first car, electrics tested but need to fit the wheels and do all the body work and can’t wait to drive it! It’s been a really enjoyable build, so many parts!

Avante (or one of it's brothers) and a 3 speed are two needed cars for the collection.