TWINSET

Supreme Tamiya Hornet

3 hours ago, markbt73 said:

Had to bring this thread up again, because just today I saw a Supreme sticker on the back of a van at lunch. So apparently, their cross-marketing works, because I recognized the logo, when I wouldn't have before. I am now aware that they are a company that does something, but as far as I can tell, that "something" consists of nothing more than having a logo and putting it on things like stickers and Hornets. Does that make them a success in today's world? I can't tell anymore...

It's a lot like "Salt Life" here in the southeast.  I see these stupid stickers on cars all the time.  They don't seem to do or make anything other than shirts, hats, and stickers.  Somebody just arbitrarily decided to source a bunch of generic product and put their logos all over it.  And amazingly, they must be making some money as the brand simply does not die.

saltlifeblack.jpg

• Like 1

Estimated price has been released...£338!!!! UK GBP.

I am told the source is normally pretty accurate

• Haha 2

Actually retailed at £268.

All sold out.

Some already up for re-sale at £1,000!!!! Mainly up for re-sale at £475 - 500.

Money for (very) old rope.

• Haha 1

Hopefully this means that the super-g and super hornet make a comeback soon. Would like a source for spare wheels and decals. 

Is this available anywhere else other than Ebay ?

I forgot about the release and have all the versions of the Hornet but this one !

Something is up. This car has been mentioned by four different people in four different individual threads within four hours today, months after it appeared and after getting near zero attention before. Statistically, that must mean something. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, S-PCS said:

Something is up. This car has been mentioned by four different people in four different individual threads within four hours today, months after it appeared and after getting near zero attention before. Statistically, that must mean something. 

I've crunched the numbers and I have come to the conclusion... this it is still an epic waste of money and exploiting people who have far more money than sense!:D

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Bromley said:

I've crunched the numbers and I have come to the conclusion... this it is still an epic waste of money and exploiting people who have far more money than sense!:D

With everything included in kit, I believe it’s only 20-30 bucks more than a standard hornet. The markup is definitely insane and no one who buys it at that price is going to/ be able to put it together. I think there’s a finite overlap between supreme followers/ the rc hobby. Especially since it’s a kit, and not RTR like most people who bought it, thought it was. 

1 hour ago, Bromley said:

Some of us just want each version of the Hornet - particularly those of us who had the Hornet as their first r/c.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, backtomyroots said:

Is this available anywhere else other than Ebay ?

I forgot about the release and have all the versions of the Hornet but this one !

Stock x and Grailed both have them from 3rd parties, stock x seams more legit as they ship to the company vs direct buyer seller...

Well, now I've the following NIB:

1. Original Hornet Kit #58045.

2. Jun Watanabe Hornet Kit #58527.

3. Black Metallic Hornet Kit #84383.

4. Supreme Hornet Kit #92411.

92411.JPG

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On ‎1‎/‎20‎/‎2019 at 3:38 PM, backtomyroots said:

Well, now I've the following NIB:

1. Original Hornet Kit #58045.

2. Jun Watanabe Hornet Kit #58527.

3. Black Metallic Hornet Kit #84383.

4. Supreme Hornet Kit #92411.

92411.JPG

But you're missing 58336 - The re-release, and cheapest and easiest to obtain ……… :blink:   ;)