Boddney

Tamiya M-06 with US Style MR2 Mk1 Shell

Recommended Posts

Well the 11 spokes that you found are probably the closest you'll get to the real ones.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Badcrumble you’re going to have to apologise to Mrs Boddney for your inadvertent suggestion back on page 1.

Look what arrived.

48611BE5-3F5C-40E3-B554-C91DC52AEEB8.thumb.jpeg.edddef0d6262abe68c1af1c4df644934.jpeg

85AAB568-8998-4034-975B-9CABD944F1C1.thumb.jpeg.d95661c3b885735e183cf9caa062ce77.jpeg

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Boddney said:

@Badcrumble you’re going to have to apologise to Mrs Boddney for your inadvertent suggestion back on page 1.

Look what arrived.

48611BE5-3F5C-40E3-B554-C91DC52AEEB8.thumb.jpeg.edddef0d6262abe68c1af1c4df644934.jpeg

85AAB568-8998-4034-975B-9CABD944F1C1.thumb.jpeg.d95661c3b885735e183cf9caa062ce77.jpeg

#sorrynotsorry - this will be great!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, TurnipJF said:

Nice looking shell! What scale is that, and which chassis is it gong on?

It’s a 1/10. It goes on a TT-01 or TT-02. Just need to find a cheap one now if anyone knows of one going. Doesn’t matter if it’s a non runner. This one’s going to be a Shelfer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Badcrumble said:

#sorrynotsorry - this will be great!

😂 Love it. Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Boddney said:

It’s a 1/10. It goes on a TT-01 or TT-02. Just need to find a cheap one now if anyone knows of one going. Doesn’t matter if it’s a non runner. This one’s going to be a Shelfer.

Check Tamico under the Sale section. You can get a bagged chassis kit for under £40, quite the bargain I think. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, TurnipJF said:

Check Tamico under the Sale section. You can get a bagged chassis kit for under £40, quite the bargain I think. 

Totally agree, a first try TT02 goes for under 50€ On tamico.

I always check from time to time www.t2shop.de

they have a used section and I bought my Xray T1FK05 there for 30€, and a M05 on sale for 39€, they also offer a FF03 for 79€ kit only.

another sale offer from them is a Xray T4 for 500€ and for free you get a TT02 :D 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks guys that’s a brilliant heads up. Just need to wait for a restock.

A8E0306A-616E-4D4C-9FF8-1B4ECF841846.thumb.jpeg.31d0af7591e9309db39d2ace0ac73169.jpeg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A bit more expensive than the bargain basement TT-01, but still a very good price, and comes with 2 out of the "Big 3" important upgrades you'd need if you ever wanted to make it a runner. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Superluminal said:

Whats the 3rd?

Steel pinion.

In addition to plastic bushings instead of bearings and pogo sticks instead of dampers, most hobby grade Tamiyas come with a soft alloy pinion which wears fast, accelerating wear to the spur. A hardened steel one is a worthwhile upgrade, best fitted at the outset so that you don't get a gearbox full of grey grease contaminated with decomposing alloy pinion after the first few runs.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok so I’ve made a start on the GT86 and once again there is a picture just for you @Jason1145. I made my usual little cockup on the front. It seems to be a party trick of mine. 3 shells cut and 3 shells cocked up on the front valance. Never mind, another little bit of character and a very er.... skill-full repair (cough cough)

 

CDCC9232-329E-4E9A-935B-5B217FA810BF.jpeg

959AA299-63B8-45F5-86CA-9C4CD4434FBE.jpeg

A87B4DBB-06B4-4560-A037-0A292C1172A9.jpeg

D056727F-D55F-49AD-A2F4-12C303226973.jpeg

721B1B25-1837-4038-9814-00044BB77268.jpeg

9927C7EA-F106-4B45-B1DD-8171F1190150.jpeg

33637E61-0FAB-442F-B782-9A14BFE905F0.jpeg

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Boddney said:

Ok so I’ve made a start on the GT86 and once again there is a picture just for you @Jason1145. I made my usual little cockup on the front. It seems to be a party trick of mine. 3 shells cut and 3 shells cocked up on the front valance. Never mind, another little bit of character and a very er.... skill-full repair (cough cough)

CDCC9232-329E-4E9A-935B-5B217FA810BF.jpeg

959AA299-63B8-45F5-86CA-9C4CD4434FBE.jpeg

 

721B1B25-1837-4038-9814-00044BB77268.jpeg

Now you see it... now you don't, it's like car thieves have lifted your car body and left the wheels... which is the reverse of returning to finding it stlll there but on bricks minus the wheels.

I can't see the front valence and the repair pls explain, and great cutting out on the rear section ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The slice in the valance is in picture 6 with the masking tape behind it. I put the tape on the inside and fed superglue into it using the blade of the craft knife. Best I could do really. I just hope it doesn’t show to much after painting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ah I see said the blind man, I'd have painted it first then tried to glue it together.... for fear of getting glue in the way but both ways are total bodges lol and yours might work better... try my way on the 4th shell you do 😂

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I may do a Lexus GS300 next then that will be all my real fleet reproduced in miniature.

Has anyone ever used this kit before? I’m just wondering how you’d attach the tail pipes and intercooler to the shell?

AB58D6AF-A25E-4C10-BEED-DA995022BC8E.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Boddney said:

I may do a Lexus GS300 next then that will be all my real fleet reproduced in miniature.

Has anyone ever used this kit before? I’m just wondering how you’d attach the tail pipes and intercooler to the shell?

AB58D6AF-A25E-4C10-BEED-DA995022BC8E.jpeg

Me has. You use the pipes and the right 3 small quadrats. With double sided tape and 1 screw.

basically exhaust pipe, with screw to mount, mount with double sided tape body.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some just use lads of glue. I've got a brace mounted to my chassis. It's 3D-printed but any bent wire would do the trick

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great job on the MR2 always loved those little cars, one of my friends has one and he babies it :)

Looking forward to more from you!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I managed to get a second hand TT-01 locally to me and struck a fair deal for both parties.

There are quite a few hop ups including a fixed front diff.

I stripped, cleaned, re-greased and rebuilt it. Now looking for the most correct wheels that are available with a view to minor modifications to make them correct.

The shell fits nicely. I’m going again with the stealth mounts.

Here’s the piccys.

F7254770-787A-4C91-BDD8-2B8222F609B6.jpeg

0327A8BA-7F95-41E7-9B7F-B80DBDAD6C1B.jpeg

7A21E016-E448-4342-9526-BF759B114567.jpeg

302A54B0-1DDD-4E82-9207-DB4C7643CCCD.jpeg

0308009E-FC03-4620-8BBE-0F6897BD95E2.jpeg

A6B318A3-9FA9-4A35-8E5E-8C678EDCCF8A.jpeg

49A4EAFD-EFCE-4751-84F8-E7F720846B27.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now