Sign in to follow this  
Yalson

Quick Kyosho Raider rebuild

The thin Dremel cut-off wheel will cut a nice little slot in the pinion, otherwise the thicker and larger diameter cut-off wheel will remove enough material from the pinion that it will no longer have anything holding it on. Both will add a fair amount of localized heat as well.

I had to do the same on my Chinese Bruiser as all the hardware was made of some cheese that only looked to be metal.

• Thanks 1

Some movement on the Raider over the last couple of days: my Dad managed to use his superior toolbox to remove the stuck pinion from the motor, allowing it to be finally extricated. This is not of huge significance as the Raider has now suffered a few knocks and bumps in the process of being worked on and requires some new parts. As a result it will be shelved for the immediate future as I try to fix up a Tamiya Grasshopper II I had in the garage for my daughter before Christmas.

However, one interesting outcome is that the motor – a seemingly barely used Tamiya Dyna-Run Super Touring brushed 13x2 – is now out. Given that I currently do not have a car which would take such a beast (certainly not the Raider it had been fitted into) I am hoping to sell it, so get in touch if it is of any interest. As I said, it looks barely used, has very little scratch damage to the can and plenty of wear left in the brushes and springs, so might be a good fit for a period shelf queen or occasional runner. I have not had the chance to run it, so it will be sold as seen.

Dyna-Run.thumb.jpg.2b624a64d46de73b61e0bef3cd1342b2.jpg