Grastens

Tamiya 47381 - Super Astute (2018)

Oh, and I hope tamico and the other usual suspects will part out kits so I can buy a ton of spares seeing as Tamiya probably won't release any spares.  

10 minutes ago, dc-arena said:

Wonder if Hi-Caps will be released again for it (like the TF ones last year).

Was the TTC standard on the Super Astute, or an extra?

TTC was standard on the original S/A - kit was premium priced and did not come with a motor. 

it would be nice as a limited time bonus to get a set of astute stickers as well (if they are not re-re normal astute)

1 hour ago, Robert5000 said:

It'll probably cost more than a top force. It won't have any modifications done to remedy known weak parts. I'll still happily buy a couple. 

No need, Pergu and a few people make metal and 3D parts for the known weak areas. Maybe Tamiya will use the same reinforced material that they are using on the Avante cars that has solved that chassis' "known" weak areas.

• Like 1

To me this is as big as the Bruiser and Avante Re-release. I "just" had the original but it was my first proper RC. The remains of that car are sitting in a box. The car will now be reborn with 90 percent of the parts from the new SupeR, a red body, and Astute decals. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dc-arena said:

UK price is £250 apparently (and £530 for the Avante Black Special).

That is $320 USD, ouch! That will put it on par with modern 2wd race buggies, but much less capable.

3 minutes ago, Hobbimaster said:

That is $320 USD, ouch! That will put it on par with modern 2wd race buggies, but much less capable.

If that is the case id rather buy the avante black 

7 minutes ago, Hobbimaster said:

That's also non-MAP if you are plan on purchasing it from a US online distributor.  My guess is tack on an additional 20% to 30% for the MAP.  I'm also guessing US online distributors are not likely to import them as I have yet to see any new (post-MAP) Tamiya offerings from the ones I usually shop.

Well this is incredibly welcome news.

I have been away from the hobby for last few years and have just starting to get back into it.  I only just started perusing these forums again in the last week.

Fortuitous timing... 

I've just put a pre-order in with Modelsport.

It probably won't come with a motor. The original didn't.

Fair play to Tamiya for re-reing this one, as the original Astute was a lovely car. One of the few 2WDs I have ever driven in anger and despite being 100% Tamiya it handled beautifully and could easily hold its own against the top 2WD cars of its day. In the right hands it could win championships and there are few Tamiya releases you can say that about. I doubt if I could afford to get one as it's going to be expensive, but if I could I would.

As for the Avante Black... well, it looks nice.

maybe it will come with a gt tuned with a sticker saying super astute, like bigwig and others?

Woohoo! amazing news on the Super Astute re re, will be great to see more SA runners.

Will mean lots more usage for my lipo battery kits and gearboxes too :D

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Juggernut said:

That's also non-MAP if you are plan on purchasing it from a US online distributor.  My guess is tack on an additional 20% to 30% for the MAP.  I'm also guessing US online distributors are not likely to import them as I have yet to see any new (post-MAP) Tamiya offerings from the ones I usually shop.

You are right, with the new MAP system this will likely be in the $400 range if it hits the U.S shore. I'm not saying I wont add it to my collection, but not at that price. With any luck Rcmart, or Tamico will have it under the $250 USD mark.

Well can’t wait for the SA, Hopefully it won’t turn out too expensive. As usual HK will probably have the best prices but I’ll try my lhs first anyway. Luckily for me “MAP” is illegal in my country. 

Will aeration dampers work with this? I'm going to run the heck out of this, and if the Hicaps aren't released I'll need a good alternative.

So it's not cheap at £250 but at least it's affordable unlike the Black Avante at over £500.. Although wasn't there a previous Black one on sale somewhere (Tamico?) that went for €999 (euro)! So I guess it's all relative.. 

Definitely going to get the Astute. Thinking metallic grey would suit those decals.. 

19 minutes ago, Grotty Otty said:

So it's not cheap at £250 but at least it's affordable unlike the Black Avante at over £500.. Although wasn't there a previous Black one on sale somewhere (Tamico?) that went for €999 (euro)! So I guess it's all relative.. 

Suggested retail price for the re-re Super Astute in Germany is supposed to be identical to that of the CC-01 Land Rover Defender (EUR239,99). This would equate to a street price of 180-190 Euro, which seems more in line with the price of for instance the re-re Top Force.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Mokei Kagaku said:

This would equate to a street price of 180-190 Euro

Wow, if that's the case then I'll order it from Tamico when they get it. 

Hi everyone, I'm new here. Do you think these will be the only ReRe's in the next months/2019 or is there a chance we'll see more? I don't know anything about usual Tamiya release schedule.