Grastens

Tamiya 47381 - Super Astute (2018)

Chris Packer on Facebook has become the proud new owner of this buggy.  He has shown a photo of the box contents, which includes extra parts  - the original spur gear.  Can new owners confirm this?  And are other original TTC parts included in the kit?

600th post

1 hour ago, Fruitfly01 said:

Chris Packer on Facebook has become the proud new owner of this buggy.  He has shown a photo of the box contents, which includes extra parts  - the original spur gear.  Can new owners confirm this?  And are other original TTC parts included in the kit?

It would make sense, it'd be alot easier to reproduce the original spruce and include a modern spur then created an entire spruce tree 

Hi, I had a dig through the box today, the spur gear parts are there and also the 2 battery holder ends to mount it width ways like the original Astute, these came with the original super astute too.

Im going to build mine over the christmas break.

sa3.JPG

• Like 3

The original Super Astute also came with the Metal Parts Bag from the Astute so this included the Astute's front sway bar and the alloy posts for the tiny rear upper deck and a few other spares that were redundant for the SA.  This is not the case though with the re-release SA.

I'm happy about the spare original TTC spur gear, that's going to look great when I restore mine.  

I have a used but good condition Clutch Bag if anyone is restoring an original TTC btw. 

Just ordered mine from rcmart, hopefully after Xmas I’ll do a side by side build with my NIB re release dyna storm. 

6 hours ago, Juls1 said:

Just ordered mine from rcmart, hopefully after Xmas I’ll do a side by side build with my NIB re release dyna storm. 

Me too, ordered early this morning. Hopefully rcmart has enough available. The SA was not on my radar at all, but the excitement of getting one was too much.

• Haha 1

On 12/10/2018 at 10:55 PM, waterbok said:

At Seidel the gear set has a white  (extra?) spurgear.

Oh dear, I just made a horrible experience with this dealer. I'll never buy from that guy again. He receives the "Most Unfriendly Dealer Of The Decade" medal from me :)

Unfortunately the 2018 manual isn't online anymore. Could somebody please send it to me or upload it again? I'll have my SA for Christmas and would like to buy some ball bearings and proper hex screws for the assembly before, so I need to make a list.... thanks!

10 minutes ago, SteppenwolfAUT said:

Unfortunately the 2018 manual isn't online anymore. Could somebody please send it to me or upload it again? I'll have my SA for Christmas and would like to buy some ball bearings and proper hex screws for the assembly before, so I need to make a list.... thanks!

duh https://cdn.simba-dickie-group.de/downloads/300047381/Anleitung-Instructions_Super_Astute.pdf  ;)

I was sold on my next buggy being the Kyosho Re-Turbo Scorpion.  Now the the Re-Super Astute has got me questioning that direction.  :(

• Haha 1

The only bearings you need for the kit are 4 x 1150's for the front wheels and 4 x 850's for the steering if you like.

No idea why they didn't include the 4 x 1150's when the rest of the car is ballraced.

• Like 1

Oh man after Christmas the fun shall begin. I'll build mine as an Astute (I did the same with another Rere, built the Rere Bruiser as a Mountaineer). I still have a complete original Astute front end with sway bar, I might build it with that too. So cool!

Any details on the changes to the gearbox and if the new parts could be fitted to an old TTC box for use in a King Cab? 

1 hour ago, steve r said:

Any details on the changes to the gearbox and if the new parts could be fitted to an old TTC box for use in a King Cab? 

It appears that the slipper clutch is a modern design. It looks like the shaft the slipper rides on is the same, the internals of the transmission are the same too.

1 hour ago, GTodd said:

It appears that the slipper clutch is a modern design. It looks like the shaft the slipper rides on is the same, the internals of the transmission are the same too.

Thanks, do the new slipper parts come all in one bag that could be bought on its own? 

In case somebody also wants to build the 2018 kit with better screws, here's the list. I just ordered a set of hex screws for the TRF201 (covers most of the list above) plus some extra screws and bearings at modellbau-werkstatt.at. I did that also for my DF-03MS before and everything was fine.

image.png.8a2dfff7a10b211ab93c110e1f58af9d.png

• Like 1

Mine is on the way from Stella. Probably won't receive it in time for Christmas but hey-ho.

First re-release I have bought for about 18 months. It's not the 959/Blazer/Ford Ranger that I really, really want but it will do for now. ;)

My "Super" Astute will be getting "downgraded" into a standard Astute, with red paint, standard decals....since the Super Astute ones are awful and turn a beautiful buggy into an ugly one. Will also be fitting Hi-Caps and original black wheels but I do need to hunt down some original front tyres too.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Wandy said:

Mine is on the way from Stella. Probably won't receive it in time for Christmas but hey-ho.

First re-release I have bought for about 18 months. It's not the 959/Blazer/Ford Ranger that I really, really want but it will do for now. ;)

My "Super" Astute will be getting "downgraded" into a standard Astute, with red paint, standard decals....since the Super Astute ones are awful and turn a beautiful buggy into an ugly one. Will also be fitting Hi-Caps and original black wheels but I do need to hunt down some original front tyres too.

Stole my idea! I'm going the same route and adding some newer upgrades; Aerodampers, graphite chassis, pergu metal parts for the common failure points.

• Like 2

Thanks to Thommo sending me some parts very generously, this Super Astute is running again

Although there isn't much of the original car left, it was raced in Japan and came in a very sad state, It has Dyna Storm front and rear arms, Madcap front bulkhead, metal steering arms, Blitzer beetle rear hubs, madcap front hubs.

It is also fitted with an Astute gearbox, must have been for the ratio's, as it is def a Super Astute chassis ???

I fitted the carbon front tower and the Dyna dampers, I also fitted Top Force uni's, direct fit with the Blitzer hubs already in place

IMG_1612.JPG

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Snappy1 said:

My Super Astute kit arrived today:D

Congratulations, if you don't mind could you please open it and record it for us? I haven't wait until the Christmas season is over. I need to spoil the family first.

I will get some pics up, it is better packaged internally than a standard kit, but no blister packs

Has anyone had any luck with spares yet?

I really need at least 3 sets of front and rear arms , I cannot find any?