Grastens

Tamiya 47381 - Super Astute (2018)

On 2/27/2019 at 12:10 PM, GTodd said:

Ok need some help.  I think I found the yellow CVAs from my original Astute, but Im not sure.  Iv e long lost the manual, can someone please measure your super astute front and rear CVA shocks eye to eye and post the measurements, thank you.

On 2/27/2019 at 3:43 PM, ThunderDragonCy said:

I'll wait for someone with an astute to confirm, but the part numbers are the same as the Terra Scorcher which are 85mm rear and 64mm front. 

From memory, I think that the Fire Dragon and Grasshopper II SuperG shared the exact same dampers including the springs.  You will need the original Astute lower eyelets for the front dampers.  

From the SA (2018), the kit lower eyelet and spring retainer for the front dampers will be useful for anyone fitting  Aeration Buggy Dampers.

2 hours ago, MICHAELs TopForce17 said:

Just want to make this works before purchasing parts. I have a vintage king cab with missing rear end, would the new super astute transmission fit without any issues?

Yes, it is a complete drop in.  The gears cant be mixed because unfortunaley Tamiya changed the pitch of the gears.  An entire Vintage or rere gearbox are drop ins.

• Thanks 1

On 3/19/2019 at 8:22 AM, MICHAELs TopForce17 said:

Just want to make this works before purchasing parts. I have a vintage king cab with missing rear end, would the new super astute transmission fit without any issues?

Yes but just make sure it has both posts on the top of it for the King Cab upper mount.  Some early SA (2018) 's TTC came with only one post.....:blink:

34 minutes ago, King Zulu said:

resize2.jpg

Please try fitting a rear wheel and see if it clears the front outer part of the suspension arm and pin with the hub in that location ?

28 minutes ago, Thommo said:

Please try fitting a rear wheel and see if it clears the front outer part of the suspension arm and pin with the hub in that location ?

I'll try when i get back home, i haven't test fitted any rims yet..

4 hours ago, Thommo said:

What shocks are those?

5 hours ago, King Zulu said:

Its getting there, still waiting for a few more parts.

resize1.jpg

resize2.jpg

What shocks are those?

7 hours ago, King Zulu said:

Thank you, good call, they do not fit. I've tried 1mm in the back and they still rub, 2mm fit fine. I believe 1.5mm spacers will work as well, i just do not have any to test it out. 

27 minutes ago, ThunderDragonCy said:

I am 99% sure they are Big Bore Aeration dampers. 

100% correct sir.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, King Zulu said:

100% correct sir.

Whats the Tamiya nr on those shocks 😃

18 hours ago, ThunderDragonCy said:

54504 and 54505

I used the 54505s in the front and rear. Its a bit much though.

A simple way to reduce the flex in the front end, i actually found a better way but i'm just sourcing out the parts now.

43191677_IMG_20190331_0205284911.thumb.jpg.afb500672cae3b5d8ef8f7e0a7b6afca.jpg

On 4/1/2019 at 3:21 PM, King Zulu said:

IMG_20190331_020133792[1].jpg

Very nice build up, great parts selection. Respectfully I’d like to add that I dont think your modification is going to do anything for reducing flex. Due to the ball cups and the fact that the servo mounts aren’t tied together the chassis is going to be able to flex in the X Axis still.

Additionally I’d like to add that some chassis flex is ok, it’s one of the reasons AE went back to a metal chassis in the RC10 instead of graphite before switching to the plastic composite chassis they run now.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Saito2 said:

I don't know. I agree, being ball cups isn't going to help torsional flex. It does look like a very neat way to curb some of the front-to-back flex though. I always found the Astute's monoplate FRP chassis to be excessively flexy font-to-back (though I agree some flex is good). I like it. It looks clean, tidy and professional.

Because of the ball cups any front to rear flex is going to turn the flex into torsional flex.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1