Grastens

Tamiya 47381 - Super Astute (2018)

On 11/2/2018 at 7:29 AM, Thommo said:

Hey Champ, take a look at this for a few tips.  Post thread I discovered that a 23t Super Stock motor is about the lowest rpm motor that works in the Super Astute.  Anyone thinking of putting a Sports Tuned or GT Tuned motor in.....forget it !

I'm expecting that Tamiya will re-release the 20t - 21t 05 mod pinions just for this release too......hopefully !

Can you please explain why a standard silver can is not good in the super astute?. I had a 10.5 in mine but just swapped it out for a Tamiya Esc and silver can just because I felt like it really. A bit more “ authentic” 

cheers. 

8 hours ago, xray mark said:

Can you please explain why a standard silver can is not good in the super astute?. I had a 10.5 in mine but just swapped it out for a Tamiya Esc and silver can just because I felt like it really. A bit more “ authentic” 

cheers. 

The old super Astute had long gearing, they needed alot of hp to get out of their own way. The new one is the same stock, but you now have pretty much unlimited gearing possibilities due to easily swapped spur gears .

• Like 1

On 10/3/2020 at 6:11 PM, xray mark said:

cheers. 

As per GTodd, that thread is referencing the original Super Astute with more limited gear options.  There is a video in this thread of the re-re running around a small dirt track with a silver can and it's getting around really well !

On 10/5/2020 at 4:44 AM, Thommo said:

As per GTodd, that thread is referencing the original Super Astute with more limited gear options.  There is a video in this thread of the re-re running around a small dirt track with a silver can and it's getting around really well !

It´s the same problem on the later Dyna Storm! Gearing was also done for some higher rpm motors. But I remember Super Astute being even shorter gearing. So we used some hotter motors with a 13x2 t brushed motors... If you can switch to a longer ratio, it´s for sure no problem to use a sports tuned or silver can.

I guess TAmiya wanted to adress the club racers at that time.:)

But with the SA rere you have all gearing options now... 

• Like 1